Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have passed the online tests and they have sent me an email in Dec saying that they will give me an interview, but I havent heard back since then, anyone waiting for an interview with them as well?

ReputationRep:
    I had been waiting for an interview for almost two months but finally got a call from them last week. I suppose they were waiting for the deadlines to past and I think you should hear from them soon. Btw, what area did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I think EY is the worst firm/company ever in terms of its operations and responding to graduate applicants. I once applied, while they still had an advertisement on their main website to suggest they were accepting. A friend also applied.

We were both turned down at 9.01 the next morning in a mail merge about thirty seconds apart. The other time, I heard nothing whatsoever. I wish you guys better luck in getting any level of attention from that bunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsingh)
    I had been waiting for an interview for almost two months but finally got a call from them last week. I suppose they were waiting for the deadlines to past and I think you should hear from them soon. Btw, what area did you apply for?
    I applied for FI audit, how about you? Have u had your interview yet? is it a face to face or just phone interview?

btw did they call u with an unknown number? because I missed a call from an unknown number today n im guessing it could be them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fupatpat)
    I applied for FI audit, how about you? Have u had your interview yet? is it a face to face or just phone interview?

btw did they call u with an unknown number? because I missed a call from an unknown number today n im guessing it could be them!
    I applied for business advisory. I'm gonna have a face-to-face in 2wks at their London office. The thing is business advisory is only offered at the London office so it might different for you.

They do call with an unknown number but if they don't reach you, they'll probably leave a message or send you an email so I wouldn't worry about that

ReputationRep:
    I passed online tests about a month ago, and received email saying they would be in contact to arrange interview. Not heard from them since though, anyone else experiencing this at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK graduate recruitment has been frozen for the past two or three months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan_)
    AFAIK graduate recruitment has been frozen for the past two or three months.
    thanks, that explains it then, will just have to be patient

ReputationRep:
    Yeh unfortunately at the moment a lot of firms will be waiting to see outcomes of people they have already interviewed etc and seeing who accepts offers so that they know how many spaces they have left, and some companies are even at their capacity but waiting to see what happens with budgets etc to see if they get more places, it sucks but unfortunately for top firms like EY its late in the application process now, so fingers crossed they will get back to you eventually!

ReputationRep:
    We had an EY speaker come to the university on wednesday and she said they are still hireing and that she has just had requests from lots of departments raiseing the number of graduates they want, i think the total was by about 90 or something, which is quite a few aseeing as they hire about 650 graduates (not includeing the 250 interns who are basicaly garunteed jobs (90% offer rate))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_clark)
    Yeh unfortunately at the moment a lot of firms will be waiting to see outcomes of people they have already interviewed etc and seeing who accepts offers so that they know how many spaces they have left, and some companies are even at their capacity but waiting to see what happens with budgets etc to see if they get more places, it sucks but unfortunately for top firms like EY its late in the application process now, so fingers crossed they will get back to you eventually!
    Yep fingers crossed. That's why I was worried as it is so late in the application process, and I thought most 1st interviews had already been given and I read somewhere that EY has significantly reduced grad intake

We had an EY speaker come to the university on wednesday and she said they are still hireing and that she has just had requests from lots of departments raiseing the number of graduates they want, i think the total was by about 90 or something, which is quite a few aseeing as they hire about 650 graduates (not includeing the 250 interns who are basicaly garunteed jobs (90% offer rate))
    Good to see they are still hiring, I thought the lack of communication was because there are no vacancies left...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.