Turn on thread page Beta

How do I tell my female friend that I'm in love with her? (I'm female too). watch

I have been in love with her for a while; she's incredible. We've been through a lot together and we're good friends. Nobody knows that I, well, swing the 'other way'. I also have no idea how to bring this sort of thing up, what would I say? Shall I send an email? What about if I competely ruin our friendship?

She's mentioned before that she's 'confused' about her sexuality too, which can only be a positive thing, I suppose.

Advice, please, thanks, goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    Send her a text message.

ReputationRep:
    Get drunk with her and let the fun times times roll.

ReputationRep:
    Turn up at her house naked :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely don't email her! This is something that should be discussed in person. Maybe you should bring up the subject of your sexuality and kind of take it from there.

Serious advice please :sad:

(Original post by ily_em)
    Definitely don't email her! This is something that should be discussed in person. Maybe you should bring up the subject of your sexuality and kind of take it from there.
    Thank you. Erm, how would I bring it up? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepa7)
    Turn up at her house naked :sexface:
    :rofl:

In all seriousness OP, I'd send her an email, preferably one which explains everything about how you feel. Then you're giving her a chance to take it in in her own time and she's more likely to respond when she's ready to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    "Do you like rug munching?" "Yes, do you?" "Yes I do also, lets do it."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ummm I don't really know Just come out with it? Or mention a female celeb you fancy?

Sorry my suggestions are a bit rubbish. Never been in that situation myself.

ReputationRep:
    IN all seriousness telling you love your friend can ruin your relationship and make future meetings reallly akward. When you and her have had a few drinks one night try flirting and see what happens. Alternatively just come out and say what you want. If it all goes wrong act really embarrassed next day and say you were a bit too drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed_jnr)
    Get drunk with her and let the fun times times roll.
    I concur .

ReputationRep:
    When this happened with my best friend, we just sort of had a moment (very cliche) when we were alone her house and we just kissed. Neither of us had ever mentioned our sexuality but we ended up dating for a few months. I was an idiot and struggled to be completely open with everyone and she thought I was embarrassed of her, so we broke up. We still remain good friends though, and I have long term boyfriend, and she has a long term girlfriend.

If it's meant to be, it will happen.

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever have girly nights just the two of you? I think that'd be the best time to bring it up, watch a film and share a bottle of wine and just start talking about stuff and move the conversation on to your sexuality and if shes still confused. I wouldn't plan a speech or anything, let it come out naturally.
    If you're too nervous I actually dont think its a bad idea to email her, like the Ignoramus said it'll give her time to think about (which may take a few weeks) and allow her to respond when shes ready to.

good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    Tell her your sexuality first... get drunk and blurt it out maybe, or casually when talking about celebs...

She how she responsed and then go from there...

Dont just say I love you straight away - tell her about your sexuality and build it from there

I told my mates I was bi when they were drunk - they had already guessed though, so wasnt a issue... mostly she will already know you swing that way =]

ReputationRep:
    probably best not to...

ReputationRep:
    Just say to her "What would you do if I told you I fancy girls?"
    Then if she says "I'd be happy for you", then tell her..
    If she has some other kind of reaction..then don't ever tell her and get over her?

ReputationRep:
    hiya the last thing you want to do is tell her by email put yourself in her shoes if someone told you by email or text you wouldn't really take it seriously. Go out for a drink or somit and talk to her one on one tell her you like her in person i know it can be hard to tell someone you like them specialy if you don't know if the swing that way but the worst thing that could happen is her saying no and if she does just tell that you don't want this to affect your friendship and everything will be okay. and if she feels the same way then it's a win win situation good luck x:p:

ReputationRep:
    Amy....is that you?

AHAHAHAHA.

But on a serious note, has she got a boyfriend or anything? I definitely say face to face. And if you want anything serious to come of it, don't be off your face. Maybe a bit of dutch courage, but not paraletic! And maybe try flirting with her before and see how she reacts?

ReputationRep:
    I think before you admit how you feel, you need to find out where she is.
    Because if she really isn't that confused and knows she is straight, there is absolutely no chance for this to go further....you risk not only embarrassing yourself but also possibly losing her. She may accept it and be fine with it, but at the same time she may feel she cannot be such a close friend to someone with those feelings about her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.