Turn on thread page Beta

How do I tell my female friend that I'm in love with her? (I'm female too). watch

ReputationRep:
    humm i think maybe the drink thing is best that way you could always say you were really drunk and dont remember or didnt mean it cus the last thing you would want to do is ruin ur friendship maybe ask has she ever thought of sleeping with a girl my mates have asked me before that way you will know from her reaction if you should continue the convo or just laugh it off ? good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed_jnr)
    Get drunk with her and let the fun times times roll.
    Also film it and post it on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly wouldn't, cringe. If one of my girl friends said that to me, omg, awkward, how very awkward... :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been in love with her for a while; she's incredible. We've been through a lot together and we're good friends. Nobody knows that I, well, swing the 'other way'. I also have no idea how to bring this sort of thing up, what would I say? Shall I send an email? What about if I competely ruin our friendship?

She's mentioned before that she's 'confused' about her sexuality too, which can only be a positive thing, I suppose.

Advice, please, thanks, goodbye.
    Just confirm you are a lesbo while looking intensely into her eyes!

ReputationRep:
    Give her a two-way dildo for her birthday and see if she gets the hint :woo:

ReputationRep:
    *facepalm* at the number of people suggesting getting tipsy/drunk first.

Protip: Something which impairs your judgment and inhibitions is not the best thing to combine with a discussion on a sensitive, easily misinterpreted, personal thing.

OP: a drunken attempt to sway her will probably not go well. If I were you, I'd disclose my sexuality to her and a few other close friends: that is a first hurdle to overcome. This may inspire her/decide her on her own sexuality: you have to be prepared that she might just not be that way inclined. Most people say they are confused about their sexuality at some point: doesn't mean much.

Then of course, she might be attracted to girls but not you in particular. This is meant as no slur against you, but as in any heterosexuality attraction sometimes mutual feelings aren't there.

I'd say the prognosis doesn't look too good: whatever you do, do it with caution. Unrequited love's a *****: hope you don't have that.

Oh: on that. Don't be afraid to look elsewhere for love etc. It doesn't mean you have abandoned your love for your friend (but don't split yourself). Don't make it your everything, consider goals carefully, and suchlike.

You don't have to listen to me: certainly your own circumstances are pretty far from anything I will ever experience. But hopefully you think some or all of the above might work.

ReputationRep:
    can i watch? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i reckon you should be brave about it. when you have a night out with her one night just start having a chat. then try to move it onto a more personal subject for instance boys your both interested in. then ask if she would ever be interested in girls or if she would ever let anything happen. if she tells you she would then i think you should tell her. tell her that your keeping your options open and that if you meet "the one" and it happens to be a girl then you wont do anything about it and your not embarrassed about it. then maybe once she feels a bit more comfortable because youve come out you never know she might as well. then take things from there

ReputationRep:
    A friend told me during one of our typical late night/ early morning msn conversations, but to be honest I'd already kind of figured it out for myself anyways :dontknow: I would find out if she's still "confused" or not first- if she still isn't sure she might feel the need to be with you just for the sake of it because her heads messed up

ReputationRep:
    You don't :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

Greatest advice, ever.

ReputationRep:
    inafter let us know by filiming the results

ReputationRep:
    Although the alcohol route is tempting , I'd personally suggest that invite her to stay over at your's for the night and then just be quite snuggly with her , see how she reacts , maybe just like play with her hair or something a bit flirty that could be construed as normal if things don't work out ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeL230)
    "Do you like rug munching?" "Yes, do you?" "Yes I do also, lets do it."
    HERO!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think the safest thing to do would be first to let her know about your sexuality, rather than just burst in there with the whole love thing. This could also lead onto to a discussion of her sexuality also. You need to know if she is attracted to women before you launch in there with this kind of thing. .
    From then on. . I would say perhaps a drunken evening in wouldn't be such a bad idea. . It gives you a wonderful get out clause if things go wrong. .
    Feel free to PM me

ReputationRep:
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooool Lesbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Let her know you're a bit gay first and leave her to push the conversation on. If it's going to happen then it will.

One of my best friends told me she was gay when we were about 14 and my response was "OMG. I am too and I kinda like you!" and from there we had a few bumps and eventually got together properly at 17 after just kinda growing towards each other. We're 23 now and still together so yay for best friend based girlfriends. Going all out in one go is just risky, but easing into it might work.

ReputationRep:
    Girly night, watch a sexy movie, talk about how attractive you find some of the cute girls. Let her reactions guide the conversation. If she's a good friend she'll understand even if she doesn't feel the same way.
    Seriously, 3 years ago I told my straight friend that I'd fancied her pretty much since we first met and she let me down gently, said she was flattered but just didn't swing that way at all, and nothing in our friendship ever changed, stuff was maybe awkward for a day, if that? She had pretty much figured it out anyway

i just told her and her response was "don't worry"

wow. what the **** does that mean.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    i just told her and her response was "don't worry"

wow. what the **** does that mean.
    Oh dear. Sorry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.