Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application at the end of November, and it was acknowledged but I haven't heard anything else since. I got an email from Birmingham today about music scholarships, which is something I would definately want to apply for if I was to get an offer, but does getting this email mean that they are actually going to offer me a place? Or is it just a general email they send to all applicants with Grade 8 in an instrument?

Also any more general information people could give me about music scholarships would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah430)
    I sent off my application at the end of November, and it was acknowledged but I haven't heard anything else since. I got an email from Birmingham today about music scholarships, which is something I would definitely want to apply for if I was to get an offer, but does getting this email mean that they are actually going to offer me a place? Or is it just a general email they send to all applicants with Grade 8 in an instrument?

Also any more general information people could give me about music scholarships would be great
    You can apply for it if you accept Birmingham as a firm or insurance (well, that was the case when i applied a few years ago). I applied with Birmingham as my insurance with a pretty strong musical background (3 grade 8s, 2 merit and one distinction as well as about 20 hrs of ensemble work a week and county orchestra 1st clarinet) and got refused point blank. Not even an invite to audition. Still, you may as well apply for it. I imagine that they'd just send you that information as a sort of mailshot thing rather than sorting out the people who were going to get offers.

The application form itself involved writing a musical based personal statement and filling out other tedious crap like your personal information and grades etc.. Not too hard really - a bit like a diluted ucas application.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and blurb here: http://www.undergraduate.bham.ac.uk/...ps.shtml#music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    You can apply for it if you accept Birmingham as a firm or insurance (well, that was the case when i applied a few years ago). I applied with Birmingham as my insurance with a pretty strong musical background (3 grade 8s, 2 merit and one distinction as well as about 20 hrs of ensemble work a week and county orchestra 1st clarinet) and got refused point blank. Not even an invite to audition. Still, you may as well apply for it. I imagine that they'd just send you that information as a sort of mailshot thing rather than sorting out the people who were going to get offers.

The application form itself involved writing a musical based personal statement and filling out other tedious crap like your personal information and grades etc.. Not too hard really - a bit like a diluted ucas application.

Best of luck.
    Thanks I'll check the website out

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.