Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey i was just wondering is anyone else doing the aqa info 03 exam on weds? and if so what do you lot think will come up?? and what do you think of the case studyyyy?

ReputationRep:
    Anyoneeeeeeeeee?!

ReputationRep:
    ME and i am the only one in my class, im quite scared, the case study seem quite straight forward but there's so much to learn

ReputationRep:
    Im scared toooo! My whole class doing it but compared to Info 01 and Info 02 theres A LOT more to learn and it being a synoptic paper, we kinda need to remember stuff from last year :s I havent done much revision though, just cant seem to bring myself to do anything! Tooo boring and i agree, WAAY too much to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Synoptic ?? O i don't know that...
    Im trying to look on the bright side, at least i can resit
    What kinda case study stuff have you learned ?

ReputationRep:
    Yep we've been told that stuff from last year may pop up..
    and We got the Pharwel Ltd study, my teacher thinks stuff about large ict systems will come up, as well as backup, recovery disaster plan etc etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it aswell tomorrow and have been trying to revise today! I doubt there will be much from last year to be honest... The case study seems ok but I really expect we will have to draw an entity relationship diagram or data flow diagram at some point in the exam, although I doubt that will relate to the case study...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it as well, and I can do alright regarding the content, but whats gonna get me is the diagrams, as I seem to be crap at them and the essay question at the end. I can only seem to get 13 marks for it Max!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannanB)
    I'm doing it as well, and I can do alright regarding the content, but whats gonna get me is the diagrams, as I seem to be crap at them and the essay question at the end. I can only seem to get 13 marks for it Max!
    When I'm doing the essay question, if it is 20 marks, I write twenty points and always do an introduction and conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggsx)
    When I'm doing the essay question, if it is 20 marks, I write twenty points and always do an introduction and conclusion.
    20 points? Is it actually possible to write down 20 points AND discuss them all in the time given?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has given us some diagrams relating to the Cast Study to remember because we're all hopeless at them! He gave us a 'Context Diagram' 'System Flow Chart' and 'Data Flow Diagrams' they're the ones he thinks are likely to come up, and Entity Relationship (but he's not so sure how they can relate it to the case study, so he thought maybe in Section 2 instead)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im sure a diagram will defo come up, but i seem to SUCK at them! Theres at least 8marks for a Context or Data Flow.. Yeah Biggsx How can you even think of 20 points?! I can barely come up with 10 tbh! Although it does depend on the type of question. We have 2hours for this exam, which i think it plenty of time to get everything done..

ReputationRep:
    I could copy the diagrams i've been given onto word or something and post the photo up?

ReputationRep:
    Yeaah that would be nice

ReputationRep:
    System Flow Chart

Data Flow Diagram

ReputationRep:
    Thank you soooo much.. this will hopefully help me :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My Teacher thinks its ridiculous we need to know diagrams because people in the industry have to go on week long courses to learn how to do them. There was another one, Context Diagram but I believe my teacher stole it from me last lesson to copy (yes, he copied off of me! ahah) and I'm yet to retrieve it. Hope they help though. They relate to the case study for the sales representatives

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thanks! Yeah i HATE this whole learning diagrams, so pointless!! And after exams i got coursework to catch up on too! Ergh ICT is so long! God knows why im doing it at uni!! LOL

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we've all fallen behind on our coursework. I'm furthest with it in my class, where abouts on yours are you? I'm halfway through Analyse. I only took it because I got an A* at GCSE, I'm the only girl in my class though ahha!

ReputationRep:
    I've started the design chapter, done about a page and the deadline for that is like next week?! Or week after! Yeah i got an A* at GCSE too, it was quite easy to get an A* though! But i enjoy it, at times! Lool we have mostly boys too, a few girls not many though lol!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.