Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the diagrams!

ReputationRep:
    Here is some info from my teacher about dfd and er diagrams.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I really stuggle with E-R Diagrams

ReputationRep:
    Your welcome, there are not that bad just look at the picture and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannanB)
    20 points? Is it actually possible to write down 20 points AND discuss them all in the time given?
    Yup. By twenty points that could be 20 points with ten thorough descriptions. It all really depends on what that question is about though and your technique so your choice really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammyyy*)
    Yeah im sure a diagram will defo come up, but i seem to SUCK at them! Theres at least 8marks for a Context or Data Flow.. Yeah Biggsx How can you even think of 20 points?! I can barely come up with 10 tbh! Although it does depend on the type of question. We have 2hours for this exam, which i think it plenty of time to get everything done..
    I find, and the same with the majority people in my class, we only just about finish - I think it is because we are taught to write as much as possible though and end up doing well!

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, i always either finish on time or dont finish it all! So annoyin! My timing is bad, i usually forget about the time! LoL

ReputationRep:
    So what did you think of the exam today?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggsx)
    So what did you think of the exam today?!
    My initial reaction was that there were waaay to many essays! but then there was also some relief because there was no diagrams! easy marks yes but i find them dam difficult!

2 things annoyed me about it, the stupid wording of some questions, and the fact that everyone will inevitably loose a small amount of marks in each essay which will inevitably add up and lead to a whole lotta marks lost!

apart from that it wasnt to bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannanB)
    My initial reaction was that there were waaay to many essays! but then there was also some relief because there was no diagrams! easy marks yes but i find them dam difficult!

2 things annoyed me about it, the stupid wording of some questions, and the fact that everyone will inevitably loose a small amount of marks in each essay which will inevitably add up and lead to a whole lotta marks lost!

apart from that it wasnt to bad!
    I'm really not too sure what I thought about the exam to be honest. I don't think I have done anywhere near as well as I usually do. I was not expecting that many essay style long questions! We thought there would be one extra long one and maybe two for 10 marks but as for that, there were so many! I had a hand like a claw when I walked out of that exam and it hasn't totally stopped shaking yet!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree HannanB! I skimmed through the paper and saw NO like small questions, all of them were essays ranging between 12-20 marks! Way too much! There was one question, where the wording was terrible! Was in section A somethin about practical difficulties, god knows what it was, i quite liked the last 20marks question though.. overall it werent as bad as i thought it'd be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammyyy*)
    Yeah i agree HannanB! I skimmed through the paper and saw NO like small questions, all of them were essays ranging between 12-20 marks! Way too much! There was one question, where the wording was terrible! Was in section A somethin about practical difficulties, god knows what it was, i quite liked the last 20marks question though.. overall it werent as bad as i thought it'd be!

yeah, the only small questions were the one on the first page! and yeah, the wording had me fuming. i was trying to figure out what they wanted for a couple of minutes for a few questions!

the 20 mark quesiton wasnt to bad, how did you do it? i dont a intro, conclusion and i went individually though each stage of the dev process. The only thing im worried about is that I didnt put in enough points!

ReputationRep:
    Yeaah i think just mainly one question just totally seemed like a different language to me!!

Snaap! I did the same to, intro then did the stages and why we need user/client involvement etc etc and then evaluation. I actually ran outta time 2hours seems like a lot but it really werent! And my hand is still in pain.. but.. FREEDOM at last :woo:

ReputationRep:
    No diagrams = relief. I went through and answered the smaller questions then the essay ones. Went through the paper with my teacher today and think I've done alright (: If I get a B i'm so resitting INFO1&2 :P

ReputationRep:
    Wow I'm surprised I missed this thread! I did this exam yesterday aswell and I thought it was easier than I was expecting. My time management was awful though, I was moving steadily through the paper, than I realise with 10 mins left I had a 20 mark question!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.