Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me that this is going to become more common when these pressure groups get so much news coverage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shark67)
    Look at these filthy scum. They need to be nuked.
    Yes... let's always bring out the nukes :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh i wish i could've been on a rooftop picking off the chav racists 1 by 1.

Edit:

And when i get 25 kills call in the tactical nuke.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Oh I agree that they're an abhorrent organisation, but I still think it's unfair to include the BNP in the title in such a way as to indicate that they played some large involvement in either organising or participating in this. As far as I know, the BNP's official stance on the EDL is the same as everyone else, that they are nothing more than thugs. And even from the looks of that video, an incredibly small proportion of BNP members turned up (although some did turn up, so my initial comment was wrong in that respect. Even so, it was only three people), whereas just about every EDL member was there.
    I agree. It's just the BNP claim to be separate but they do support the EDL, if not officially then at least privately. The EDL Facebook groups have quite prominent BNP members in them and they're both quite horrid.

My sister was in with those thugs. I have never in my life been so disappointed and ashamed of her. She told us about the chants they were shouting and that there was a general feeling of "yay BNP!" going on. I imagine a great deal of EDL supports will be BNP supporters too.

(Original post by loki276)
    I thought it was the UAF's fault
    The counter demonstration in Stoke was completely civilised and quite jovial overall compared to the destruction the EDL caused. My friends were with the UAF and they said they had a pleasant time except for the occasional escapee EDL members getting too close.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh.. the underclass.

Give me a law-abiding Muslim anyday.

EDL - by the trash, for the trash, and of the trash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I agree. It's just the BNP claim to be separate but they do support the EDL, if not officially then at least privately. The EDL Facebook groups have quite prominent BNP members in them and they're both quite horrid.

My sister was in with those thugs. I have never in my life been so disappointed and ashamed of her. She told us about the chants they were shouting and that there was a general feeling of "yay BNP!" going on. I imagine a great deal of EDL supports will be BNP supporters too.

The counter demonstration in Stoke was completely civilised and quite jovial overall compared to the destruction the EDL caused. My friends were with the UAF and they said they had a pleasant time except for the occasional escapee EDL members getting too close.
    I was being sarcastic
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by loki276)
    I was being sarcastic
    I noticed I was just getting in there before folks pop up with comments about the UAF like they did in the other thread. They claim the EDL wouldn't have been violent at all had the other protesters not turned up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I noticed I was just getting in there before folks pop up with comments about the UAF like they did in the other thread. They claim the EDL wouldn't have been violent at all had the other protesters not turned up :rolleyes:
    ah kk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9a3iqa)
    So you are trying to justify these barbaric actions?
    No; I think they're moronic. I'm just saying the government is not your friend, and as agents and enforcers of the government neither are the police.

ReputationRep:
    Ah dear.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else see the irony between a group that is "anti-fascist" such as UAF, when they seek to silence or protest against anyone who they disagree with. That policy reminds me of facism...

ReputationRep:
    English Defence League?

LOL. I'd be interested in how many of their members managed a C at English Language GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Nationalist thugs wouldn't do that, it looks like it was down to a bunch of football hooligans who tagged along expecting a fight :mad:

The police didn't help though, their immediate confrontation simply provoked the visible yob element.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Nationalist thugs wouldn't do that, it looks like it was down to a bunch of football hooligans who tagged along expecting a fight :mad:

The police didn't help though, their immediate confrontation simply provoked the visible yob element.
    Oh really?

What would nationalist thugs do then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Oh really?

What would nationalist thugs do then?
    Shout racist slogans and attack other races, they would be rushing through to attack the UAF. There were these too, but again a racist element which did not belong in EDL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Shout racist slogans and attack other races, they would be rushing through to attack the UAF. There were these too, but again a racist element which did not belong in EDL.
    I thought you said 'nationalist thugs'. Not 'racist thugs'.

Looks like there's a bit of overlap, eh?

The EDL have a few problems with knuckledraggers it seems: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...34510&view=all

:facepalm2:

Humans disappoint me.

I think we should deport the EDL & Islam4UK & UAF & BNP all to a deserted island somewhere and let them fight it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    :facepalm2:

Humans disappoint me.

I think we should deport the EDL & Islam4UK & UAF & BNP all to a deserted island somewhere and let them fight it out.
    We wouldn't have to resort to such drastic measures if New Labour (a.k.a. The Fabian Society) hadn't come to power.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know where all the asian youths that ride around on the BMX's, walk down the streets in gangs wearing hoodies, smoking spliffs in broad daylight and standing in big gangs in the city centre all disappeared to. I'd like to know where the guys up cobridge and normacot who regurlarly give out extremist flyers and if you say "no ta" they get ratty with you went. I'd love to know where all the Turks and Albanians who roam the streets like they own the place disappeared to on saturday. I didn't see any of them with the UAF thats for sure. Sometimes violence is the only way to be seen and I would not be surprised if it escalates. When this country has a problem it always resorts to one thing.... Civil war.. its written in the history books. Oh and Britain always wins.

ReputationRep:
    Violent public disorder thats all it was, not in any way a 'peaceful protest' The police should have brought out the tear-gas and rubber bullets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    No; I think they're moronic. I'm just saying the government is not your friend, and as agents and enforcers of the government neither are the police.
    agreed

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.