Turn on thread page Beta

BNP/EDL supporters clash with Police watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EDLStokie)
    I'd like to know where all the asian youths that ride around on the BMX's, walk down the streets in gangs wearing hoodies, smoking spliffs in broad daylight and standing in big gangs in the city centre all disappeared to. I'd like to know where the guys up cobridge and normacot who regurlarly give out extremist flyers and if you say "no ta" they get ratty with you went. I'd love to know where all the Turks and Albanians who roam the streets like they own the place disappeared to on saturday. I didn't see any of them with the UAF thats for sure. Sometimes violence is the only way to be seen and I would not be surprised if it escalates. When this country has a problem it always resorts to one thing.... Civil war.. its written in the history books. Oh and Britain always wins.
    Cut your bull**** about 'civil war'. Do you actually know what one of those is?

What 'extremist flyers' do these folks distribute?

The EDL do have quite a few football hooligans, don't they?

Why is violence the only way? Violence against who precisely?

Do let us know.

In the meantime, take a look at this: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...34510&view=all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    I think we should deport the EDL & Islam4UK & UAF & BNP all to a deserted island somewhere and let them fight it out.
    Prime candidates for a team version of Battle Royale methinks~

ReputationRep:
    scum like the UAF

ReputationRep:
    I think this might be good for Stoke. Maybe the regular people who have been told by the BNP that immigration is cause of the city's problems will realise who they are associated with. Perhaps it's unfair on the BNP members and councillors who don't agree with the EDL's methods (whoever they may be), but I don't care. I just want them to stop stirring up racial tensions in my city.

ReputationRep:
    Why do some of them have a British flag if they're called the EDL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I think this might be good for Stoke. Maybe the regular people who have been told by the BNP that immigration is cause of the city's problems will realise who they are associated with. Perhaps it's unfair on the BNP members and councillors who don't agree with the EDL's methods (whoever they may be), but I don't care. I just want them to stop stirring up racial tensions in my city.
    3 BNP councillors were at the EDL demo. Also when I looked at the Stoke EDL facebook the first name I saw was Una Rice - a BNP organizer from Barking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Cut your bull**** about 'civil war'. Do you actually know what one of those is?

What 'extremist flyers' do these folks distribute?

The EDL do have quite a few football hooligans, don't they?

Why is violence the only way? Violence against who precisely?

Do let us know.

In the meantime, take a look at this: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...34510&view=all
    EDLStokie was on the thisisstaffordshire website earlier claiming to be a Black ex-Para :rolleyes:

Here's one of his posts:

Norscarf/UAF!!!!! Come on Guys..... When you get a rally on and Only a few Hundred Turn Up!!! None of the Taliban Boys who hang around Stonier St Cobridge giving thier Martyr Flyers out... and No Sign of the Turks / Albanians etc... who roam Stoke like they own it!!!!! none of them turn out to SUPPORT Do They????????? Then the EDL Arrive 2000+ Strong!!!!!! Not Rocket Science IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BlackSoldier, Nr U..........

commented on 25-Jan-2010 18:32

Sound familiar?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samtooth)
    Are these the friends of the EDL? These jokers are meant for each other.

By the trash, for the trash, of the trash.

ReputationRep:
    I supported them before this, and thought it was harsh that they were getting the 'football hooligan' stereotype. But now I see that's all they are, so much for non-violent protests.

ReputationRep:

To be fair, there's not a racist comment on there. There's someone celebrating the defacing and damaging of a mosque. Well how about this then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo64fcvKs0

And all the other comments on there weren't racist at all?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    To be fair, there's not a racist comment on there. There's someone celebrating the defacing and damaging of a mosque. Well how about this then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo64fcvKs0

And all the other comments on there weren't racist at all?!
    Not racist. Religionist. Just as bad though (if not worse).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Perhaps it's unfair on the BNP members and councillors who don't agree with the EDL's methods (whoever they may be).
    Im sure if they didnt have to worry about legitimacy and votes they would be in there with the rest of them. The BNP are obsessed with causing a civil war.

ReputationRep:
    there football hooligans thats what they do, they get a buzz out of it dont be that shocked

ReputationRep:
    Not racist. Religionist. Just as bad though (if not worse).

Surely every person who follows a religion is religionist? Especially those the EDL are protesting about. But it's not the fact there are islamic people in this country, that's 100% completely fine. It's the fact there are a number of them (a worrying number) who are trying to impose their society, their morals and their unjust laws on the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Surely every person who follows a religion is religionist? Especially those the EDL are protesting about. But it's not the fact there are islamic people in this country, that's 100% completely fine. It's the fact there are a number of them (a worrying number) who are trying to impose their society, their morals and their unjust laws on the UK.
    How large is this 'worrying number'? How exactly are these Islamofascist clowns imposing their religion on the UK. I'm a filthy unbeliever (i.e. atheist) myself and I live in a predominantly Muslim part of London - yet I have never been forcibly converted or dragged into a mosque.

I still think the trash at the EDL are more of a public order issue than Al-Muhajiroun. I don't see how a bunch of ignorant, beer-swilling morons on a fun day out in some northern city are going to 'combat' Islamist extremists. I don't think they would be deterred by them at all. After all, you can't prosecute or retaliate against a suicide bomber once he's done his work, can you?

ReputationRep:
    How large is this 'worrying number'?
    The number = n,
    not a worrying number < n < a very worrying number

How exactly are these Islamofascist clowns imposing their religion on the UK. I'm a filthy unbeliever (i.e. atheist) myself and I live in a predominantly Muslim part of London - yet I have never been forcibly converted or dragged into a mosque.

Hardly going to be dragged into a mosque randomly. I've been to Wales a few times, but I've never seen a sheep get molested. Doesn't mean it never happens.
    Maybe if you raped a muslim or stole something from them you would be...try it and find out.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle4749183.ece

I still think the trash at the EDL are more of a public order issue than Al-Muhajiroun. I don't see how a bunch of ignorant, beer-swilling morons on a fun day out in some northern city are going to 'combat' Islamist extremists. I don't think they would be deterred by them at all. After all, you can't prosecute or retaliate against a suicide bomber once he's done his work, can you?

Al-Muhajiroun proposed to march through WB to get media attention. The EDL are getting just that with there marches too, raising awareness of their cause, just like Islam4UK. It's all about the publicity.
    The EDL don't believe that their marches will deter a suicide bomber, but instead cast light on the problem of radical extremists being bred in our country.

ReputationRep:
    The EDL don't believe that their marches will deter a suicide bomber, but instead cast light on the problem of radical extremists being bred in our country.
    The EDL purport to believe...

You are taking the EDL at face value. They are actually a BNP front - this is obvious from their membership. Key players like Chris Renton and his brother are life-long neo-Nazis. Every gathering has attracted C18 and NF in large numbers. Window dressing like accepting some token mixed-race casuals doesnt change the fundamentals:

Their aim is a fascist state and a new holocaust.

People who spend their life denying the holocaust do not do so because they believe it didn't happen - they do it so that it can happen again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Why do some of them have a British flag if they're called the EDL?
    'cause England's in Britain, innit blud. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    'cause England's in Britain, innit blud. :confused:
    In that case surely the British Defence League would've been more appropriate. Nonetheless, they're nothing more than a bunch of football hooligans.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.