Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
    just a very small cameo

was a countdown contestant and they hid the cuddly toy on the set :yep:
    Oooh cool! Well that's good to know because we always wondered if they actually did that or if it was just a setup.

How did you do on Countdown?

ReputationRep:
    he's ok however tv burp is rubbish and annoying, it's not that funny and is predictable and is way too staged like all the other programmes such as Ant and Dec's saturday night takeaway or graham norton etc

ReputationRep:
    It used to be good and still gives me a few laughs tbh, they need to freshen the format of it up though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Oooh cool! Well that's good to know because we always wondered if they actually did that or if it was just a setup.

How did you do on Countdown?
    naah it was all real like before we went on filming and stuff they were like 'ur gonna be on harry hill!' and then between sets they put the bear on which looked quite funny just sitting there :holmes:

kinda got my butt kicked by a guy whod won 6 on the bounce
    i took a 15 point lead though but got wooped by 30/40 points

ReputationRep:
    As a passionate comedy fan, HH is vomet-worthy, that he's still on tv is deplorable but I actually believe he got an award at some point. Then again tv also gave us Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps.

ReputationRep:
    TV Burp is amazing!! It's smart how he manages to twist innocent clips from serious shows into childish comedy.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably like him if I could stand his voice. Can't believe he has a degree in medicine though. I was shocked because usually entertainment personalities don't have a degree.

ReputationRep:
    He's bad live but TV bURP is so funny because what he actually does is record the shows and watches them for details and funny moments. Hes actually really dedicated to it. He does not live far away from me and he used to be a GP. He's a really nice guy actually but i love burp just because he notieces so many silly things and his sketches are funny like the gasoline canister love triangle with Deiadre Barlow so silly but funny at the same time

ReputationRep:
    Komakino I to am a comedy veteren but I don't understand two pints was funny and still kind of is but since Ralph Little went it was bland.

Comedy comes in so many styles and types you caanot class them as a singular body for example, People who say Black Adder is amazing but Absolutely fabulous is terrible. Ummmmmm because it ******* is. Black Adder is historical parody with slapstick and one liners whilst Ab Fab is a sattorical view of 80s lifestlyle and generalisation of fashionheads and extreme personalities.

Harry Hill is very child friendly but favoured at the middle aged audience. Two Pints is geared towards teens with the use of extreme personalities. Also burp is a review comedy whilst two pints is scripted but performed live

ReputationRep:
    My mum loves Harry Hill. So his show must keep running!

ReputationRep:
    Chippy chiiiiiips!

(Original post by scorpion95)
    he's ok however tv burp is rubbish and annoying, it's not that funny and is predictable and is way too staged like all the other programmes such as Ant and Dec's saturday night takeaway or graham norton etc
    Yeah, it's becoming a bit like a one man ant-and-dec ..

ReputationRep:
    I think that a character that may have started off as some kind of parody/homage of 50s/60s light entertainment has become as mainstream as it is possible to become. Doing voice overs on You've been framed and observations about TV shows would have been all well and good for a short period of time. To keep on doing it, snug to seem slightly anarchic (as only anyone can on ITV on a Sunday teatime) seems to show a lack of diversity / ambition / talent.

ReputationRep:
    No way! Hes Show Tv Burp is so funny man My mam bought me his live dvd for christmas . . . Still haven't watched it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.