Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What will you name your first baby? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been going out with a girl for 4 months now and it's made me think a lot about the future. 4 months, as I'm sure you will agree, is a long time for anybody to be in a relationship and I genuinely believe that I will spend the rest of my life with this girl.

This leads me on to my question: What would you name your first baby? I am deeply concerned that I will come up with an ideal name, only for my goddess to have already decided upon her favourite baby names. My parents originally named me Adbul-Akhbar King, but I changed it at the nearest given opportunity as it was the subject of much bullying in my primary and secondary school. I am adamant that I will not the same mistake with my kids.

Here are some names:

GIRL

Petulia-rose
    Princess
    Echo
    Azura
    Rainbow-Dawn
    Patchouli

BOY

Shanti
    Ziggy
    Chakra-Dharma
    Mirakel
    Earth
    Krishan

I especially like Azura and Mirakel. I am not so sure about Krishan, as it is a bit of a farfetched name and this may be the the subject of bullying in my son's later life. Please post your suggestions or judge mine. I am a very deep and philosophical person, and I want my children's' names to mirror my own personality. Thanks for your time.

Peace and Love 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the funniest troll profile I've read on this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Probably the funniest troll profile I've read on this site.
    Sorry, what is a troll profile?

ReputationRep:
    I really like the name Krishan really gives something to a child. I no a krishan and he isnt subject to any bully eventhough he has a dodgy past. Plus my sister is called Princess, its such a beautiful name and we really treasure her although she suffers from a rare disease called Language Obfuscation Disorder.

Thanks for the post.

ReputationRep:
    Chesterman247, i am devastated to hear news of the disease of which your sister suffers. Could you elaborate on the "Obsfucation" aspect? In addition, I hate to pick holes but I am not sure that it can be both a disease and a disorder? I am very well-read on my biology and I think I am right.

In addition, yes Princess is a beautiful name. I call my girlfriend the goddess so maybe this is rather fitting?

Do not be afraid to voice your opinion!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I often make this mistake. It is disorder rather than a disease. And its not curable which is the hardest thing.
    That sounds lovely. I used to call my girlfriend 'Sweetie Pie' but then she left me for another man called Clive. Hey ho.

ReputationRep:
    Clive? That's interesting. Once I had a friend, called Jack, whose dad was called Clive. He said he was an "events organiser", yet he instead toured the world marrying a collection of women of diverse nationalities. It was in fact quite sickening and it threw Jack into a deep period of depression lasting 5/6 months. The last straw was when he threw himself head-first into a brick wall, not once but twice. I would never EVER call my child Clive, due to the connotations it carries. I presume the same is for you?

I am genuinely saddened by the news that your girlfriend left you. I am sorry that I cannot relate to you, for I do not think I will ever have to go through that torment. I hope you find love as I have done soon enough.

I LOVE YOU MY GODDESS

ReputationRep:
    prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chesterman247)
    prick
    I hope that's aimed at Clive, not me? If I have offended you in any way, do not be afraid to personal message me. I genuinely meant no offence toward you.

ReputationRep:
    Boy: Ethan or John

Girl: Chloe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'll be in the sky)
    I especially like Azura and Mirakel. I am not so sure about Krishan, as it is a bit of a farfetched name and this may be the the subject of bullying in my son's later life. Please post your suggestions or judge mine. I am a very deep and philosophical person, and I want my children's' names to mirror my own personality. Thanks for your time.

Peace and Love 2010.

First post.

I agree. Krishan is a hideous name.

Earth is probably the best name you shortlisted. "Earth King" has a very nice ring to it. If you really want your son not to be bullied I suggest going for someone more conventional like Joe or John. No one can take the piss out of those.

Finally, I suggest you stop worrying so much. I've been in your shoes (father for 1 month now) and worrying about all these things does you no good. Trust me - all it does it make you stressed.

Hope it all works out well for you!

Timothy for a boy and Delilah for a girl :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverYoung)
    First post.

I agree. Krishan is a hideous name.

Earth is probably the best name you shortlisted. "Earth King" has a very nice ring to it. If you really want your son not to be bullied I suggest going for someone more conventional like Joe or John. No one can take the piss out of those.

Finally, I suggest you stop worrying so much. I've been in your shoes (father for 1 month now) and worrying about all these things does you no good. Trust me - all it does it make you stressed.

Hope it all works out well for you!
    Yes, my goddess agrees that Krishan has a terrible ring to it. Also, I have heard that the name is related to pedophiliac activity? Either way, the name is well and truly off the shortlist.

Earth King is a wonderful mixture of the concept of mother earth as a caring and loving entity, mixturised with the concept of the noble ruler. Joe or John are maybe a little too pedestrian, as I like to think of myself as a very bohemian character in my thoughts and actions, this should include the names of my children.

I hope you do not find offence in me asking the name of your own baby? Yes, I must admit I am very worried about the whole parenthood concept, if my goddess gets pregnant this month, we could have a bouncing baby within 5 months! It is certainly a worrying prospect.

Thank you for the advice, friend!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my goddess agrees that Krishan has a terrible ring to it. Also, I have heard that the name is related to pedophiliac activity? Either way, the name is well and truly off the shortlist.
    How can a name and paedophilia be linked?

Earth King is a wonderful mixture of the concept of mother earth as a caring and loving entity, mixturised with the concept of the noble ruler. Joe or John are maybe a little too pedestrian, as I like to think of myself as a very bohemian character in my thoughts and actions, this should include the names of my children.
    If you really are worried about other children's opinion on your child's name that I really would suggest you go for something more usual. If you don't believe me, look at what people with unconventional names have to say about it:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...to-silly-names

Just because you are a bit bohemian, it doesn't mean your child will be :p:

But apart from that it looks as though your mind is made up. Let's hope the wife agrees

I hope you do not find offence in me asking the name of your own baby? Yes, I must admit I am very worried about the whole parenthood concept, if my goddess gets pregnant this month, we could have a bouncing baby within 5 months! It is certainly a worrying prospect.
    His name is Timothy. There really is nothing to be afraid of - trust me!

Oh and also, unless you're completely stupid, you misspelt 9 in your last post :p:

ReputationRep:
    Jacoby

ReputationRep:
    I hear Morgan is another awful name. L

ReputationRep:
    I hear Morgan is another awful name. L
    Morgan's all right. It's better than Earth or Krishan or any of the names on the lists in the first post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverYoung)
    Morgan's all right. It's better than Earth or Krishan or any of the names on the lists in the first post.

I have to disagree I am sorry to say although Krishan is bad Morgan is just as awful.

ReputationRep:
    I have to disagree I am sorry to say although Krishan is bad Morgan is just as awful.
    Well, you're entitled to your own opinion.

ReputationRep:
    If its a boy Shotgun.
    If its a girl Fortress.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.