Turn on thread page Beta

question- first time bikini wax watch

I decided to start waxing my bikini line- including the area either side between my legs- just wondering..

1. is it best to leave it after waxing the same strip a few times- even if its not completely hair-free?
    2. is it usual not to be able to wax those areas completely clean the first time (in your experience)
    3. does anyone have a problem with ingrown hairs when they wax?/ if so how to avoid it?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    DON'T DO IT YOURSELF THE FIRST TIME. Or ever, for that matter, in my opinion... Unless of course you want to maim yourself...

(Original post by optimisticasateen)
    DON'T DO IT YOURSELF THE FIRST TIME. Or ever, for that matter, in my opinion... Unless of course you want to maim yourself...
    This

It ******* hurts. Get it done properly OP! You can;t wax the same bit thats been waxed already twice. Pretty much all home kits are **** anyway in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    Get NADS waxing kit from boots and follow the instructions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    This

It ******* hurts. Get it done properly OP! You can;t wax the same bit thats been waxed already twice. Pretty much all home kits are **** anyway in my experience.
    Lol as I said before the only decent home waxing kit I've found is Nads from Boots. But it's at least 15 quid, however you get a fair few goes for your money.

I think I have a high pain threshold cos I'm okish with the pain.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Go to a salon or just shave.. waxing at home is nothing but a recipe for disaster. Either way use Tend Skin lotion (you can get it off ebay or hqhair.com) - amazing at preventing ingrown hairs, and aqueous cream to soothe your skin!

oh dear

well terrible happened- I'll have to wait and see I suppose..
    they were a bit in effectual- perhaps that's the problem- but it did make a noticeable difference

thanks for the advice guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    oh dear

well terrible happened- I'll have to wait and see I suppose..
    they were a bit in effectual- perhaps that's the problem- but it did make a noticeable difference

thanks for the advice guys

Please tell me you didn't use wax strips! Like the premade veet ones, they're such a con.

Trust me get hot wax/nads. Takes more practice but it actually does work.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I decided to start waxing my bikini line- including the area either side between my legs- just wondering..

1. is it best to leave it after waxing the same strip a few times- even if its not completely hair-free?
    2. is it usual not to be able to wax those areas completely clean the first time (in your experience)
    3. does anyone have a problem with ingrown hairs when they wax?/ if so how to avoid it?

thanks
    Lazer! And only get rid of the side lines. Men love a good bush.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone have a problem with wax strips? Ive useed them before and they were fine.

ReputationRep:
    what!! waxing at home is fine, look online at 'sugar wax', this is as it sounds, based on a sugar solution therefore the residue just washes off easily as the sugar dissolves. any other wax you need to buy wax remover, as well as the fabric strips and spatulas. it may say you need a wax warmer but i microwave mine fine!
    get it done first in a salon if i were you then maybe try your own if you think you can handle it! i dont have a problem doing it myself, you get used to it. to stop ingrowing hairs use an exfoliating gel before and after

ReputationRep:
    i don't understand why anybody would ever voluntarily put themselves through that much pain...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.