Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdalol)
    I haven't got round to doing it yet, have been promising myself to do it at some point. Theres a venue for donating is near my college, I've booked the next earliest date and will drop by during my lunch period.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll even see if I can get a few friends to join me
    where???!i wanna do that too!

ReputationRep:
    I've been on the blood register since I turned 17. However, since then, I've had several piercings (apparently you have to wait 4 months after a piercing), glandular fever that lasted about 9 months, I've been on very high doses of antidepressants and had swine flu. So yeah, I've not actually been eligible for a while. It still remains to be seen whether I can give blood with my antidepressants, but I did email a lady from the blood bank and she said it should be ok (I guess they're getting happy blood?). The only other issue I would potentially have is self harm cuts and stuff, although I'm always very careful at keeping them clean and have no infections. I wouldn't want the awkward conversations though. Also, they can never seem to find a vein when I have blood tests. One nurse managed to stab me in a tendon, thinking it was a vein once. That was fun.

Having said that, I'm very pro blood and organ donation and am going to donate next week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to blood. I'm a registered organ donor, but I find it psychologically really, really hard to even think about giving blood. I want to, but I'm going to need to psych myself up for it.

I'm A+ - I know it's a cavalier attitude to take but A+ is hardly rare.

ReputationRep:
    1) Underage atm
    2) Underweight

ReputationRep:
    I've got a heart condition, so I think it may be out of the question.

ReputationRep:
    I did give blood today. We had a blood drive at my school.

It's easier to do it if you get a bunch of friends together and all agree to give blood, I think. Peer pressure is wonderful

ReputationRep:
    I'm going tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to blood. I'm a registered organ donor, but I find it psychologically really, really hard to even think about giving blood. I want to, but I'm going to need to psych myself up for it.

I'm A+ - I know it's a cavalier attitude to take but A+ is hardly rare.

It's really ok, you don't even feel it. The only slight prick you feel is when they initially put the needle into your arm.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.