Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have but it drains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    i believe you have to be 18?

i'm on the organ donor register though
    Actually, it's 17. I thought it was 18 too, until December when someone told me...

ReputationRep:
    I went to give blood, filled in the form then the nurse asked me what my weight was then told me I was too underweight to give blood.

ReputationRep:
    I don't weigh enough to do it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not allowed.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who gives blood is doing the same job of our soldiers
    saving lives!
    god bless you

ReputationRep:
    I dont think im allowed too. Some crappy blood clot thing...
    I am an organ donor though

ReputationRep:
    yeah i really want to but

1. i'm terrified of needles, i cried like a baby when i got my HPV jab
    2. i have really bad circulation and my fingers go purple and blue even when its slightly cold, i may be wrong so someone correct me but...if i have bad circulation, i swear that means i dont even have enough blood for myself...let alone others
    3. i weigh about 6 stone...even though i eat like a pig i dont put any weight on, im not anorexic i promise lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't weigh enough and I'm anaemic
    Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Why lie? You could make a good argument for it without resorting to lying. It hurts like a ******* *****.
    I don't think it does. The needle going in was painless, i had a problem with my arm though. The way the nurse put it in and left it caused a bit of pain to my arm, but all i needed to do was move my arm a tiny bit, i had to do this about 5 times in 10 minutes. But really, the procedure hardly hurt at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Why lie? You could make a good argument for it without resorting to lying. It hurts like a ******* *****.
    Haha, what have you had taking blood from you? Henry the Hoover?

ReputationRep:
    I want to, I've been meaning to ever since I was 17 over a year ago. However, everytime the local place has a blood-donating session, I've been ill, or had a cold, or away; there's always been a reason why I can't, annoyingly. I will do as soon as I can though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    i believe you have to be 18?

i'm on the organ donor register though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Actually, it's 17. I thought it was 18 too, until December when someone told me...

ah cheers for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    I'm an organ donor, but haven't given blood yet. Whenever I see a flyer for it, I'm always like "oh, I'll go on that date and give blood!", and then the date rolls by and I completely forget about it. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I really want to, and i always go and try to do it, but i have a terrible phobia, i just end up freaking out and screaming and going all shakey and faint.
    I do try to, i just cannot control this fear!
    I hate myself for it, but this year my resolution was to grow up a bit and get over it. I truly am determined to give

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    1. i'm terrified of needles, i cried like a baby when i got my HPV jab
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    Needle/Pain phobia.
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    basically I'm scared of needles :erm:
    If you look away and don't think about it, it's fine - talk to the nurse, distract yourself somehow, and it's not really that bad. It only hurts if the nurse stabs you. Trust me, I'm a diabetic - you can get over your needle phobia!
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    I would love to give blood but I can't because I've had Malaria.

ReputationRep:
    I'm disqualified from doing so, and I don't really want to lie to get round this. I feel guilty about this, but lying seems also bad.

ReputationRep:
    My reasons:

1. I don't weigh enough. The NHS says I can't.
    2. I suffer with a chronic illness of which the cause is unknown.
    3. I have thin veins which are prone to collapsing during blood tests.
    4. I have low blood sugar and blood pressure and have been known to faint at random, nevermind with reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.