Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Question about braces watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm getting my braces removed in 2 weeks and i've heard rumours about sometimes there are "holes" in the teeth after they are removed due to drinking sugary drinks etc. This is the case? I've drunk fizzy drinks quite often but always brushed my teeth, will it be all right?

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats crap lol once u brushed them normally n that there wont be any holes. the only thing is sometimes there cant be marks lol. congrats on gettin them off soon btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joestevens2092)
    Hey, I'm getting my braces removed in 2 weeks and i've heard rumours about sometimes there are "holes" in the teeth after they are removed due to drinking sugary drinks etc. This is the case? I've drunk fizzy drinks quite often but always brushed my teeth, will it be all right?

they're just scaremongering. I drank lots of fizzy drinks and ate all sorts of things you weren't meant to and just brushed my teeth normally morning and before bed and didn't have a mark on my teeth - and I have a weak enamel tooth disease.

ReputationRep:
    excellent news

ReputationRep:
    It should be fine If your teeth had that much plaque on they started to rot, the orthodontist would have removed them. I'm sure you had the many oral hygiene talks over the length of your treatment I had fixed braces for around three years and when they came off there were no marks whatsoever. I hope you enjoy your lovely straight teeth

ReputationRep:
    life will be good soon!

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, it'll take a lot of fizzy drinks for that to happen :P

ReputationRep:
    It'll be fine, enjoy having them off! I just brushed my teeth normally and didn't have a mark, let alone holes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! Trust me.. my friend had her braces removed, and there were just large indents in her tooth...like black holes or something.

It looked better when she had her braces ON, she only has fizzy drinks like once a week too, and brushes 3 times a day...

This is going to be tough man... I hope you dont drink as much fizzy drinks as her.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the day my dentist took my braces off... the happiest day of 2007!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.