Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well this afternoon I decided to dye my jeans a bit darker because they were fading. But I forgot all about using gloves and stuck my hands straight into the bucket. Now my hands have gone dark blue! Any idea how I can get rid of it? Soap isn't working and I don't want to go to school with blue hands. :confused:

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Try Nail varnish remover

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uel369)
    Try Nail varnish remover
    Tried that just now and it didn't work!! I thought it would as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Well this afternoon I decided to dye my jeans a bit darker because they were fading. But I forgot all about using gloves and stuck my hands straight into the bucket. Now my hands have gone dark blue! Any idea how I can get rid of it? Soap isn't working and I don't want to go to school with blue hands. :confused:

:laugh:

HAFSAAAAAAY
    WHY OH WHY!
    IT'S KINDA FUNNY THOUGH LOL !
    i dunno soz ?
    maybe washing it with warm water and soap???
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Tried that just now and it didn't work!! I thought it would as well
    It has to have acetone in it.

Try whitening toothpaste and a nail brush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    HAFSAAAAAAY
    WHY OH WHY!
    IT'S KINDA FUNNY THOUGH LOL !
    i dunno soz ?
    maybe washing it with warm water and soap???
    Hahaha leeme alone :sad: :p:
    I've tried warm water and soap. Not working! I even tried scrubbing it with salt and now my fingers... taste nice.
    For the time being i'll pretend i'm morphing into a smurf. Or a blue person from Avatar lol!

ReputationRep:
    I always use bubble bath to get the dye off my skin and that usually works, but it might take a couple of washes. I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahradford)
    It has to have acetone in it.
    I found one with acetone in it, but there's not a lot left in the bottle. And it's fading the dye but not very well...

ReputationRep:
    ok, a bit odd, but Clean & Clear blackhead clearing cleanser works brilliantly on dye. or at least it worked wonders to get excess dye off my face/hands whenever ive dyed my hair!

ReputationRep:
    Basically you need to exfoliate the dye... You can either use a scrub (e.g. body scrub) or else a mild acid (e.g. lemon juice, or products containing salycilic acid or alpha hydroxy acid). It won't remove all the blue but it should dull the colour at least.

ReputationRep:
    Metholated spirit - but be careful lol

ReputationRep:
    Have a bath. Just keep washing your hands.
    Or use bleach.. but be careful if you have any cuts on your hands that'd hurt.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.