Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A message from your very favouritist leadership team watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    All hail Thunder and Jazz, Prime Minister of all! Bow down snail, I have dominion!!

*ahem*

I pretty much just wanted to say that once before this: I quit.

Well, as party leader and PM anyway. The main reason is that this isn't fun any more. Being a party leader is fine, and politiking it around the House to keep on top of things is nice practice for a real politician I'm sure, but to be honest I was never that good at writing bills and this place is stagnating from my perspective. Added to this, I have the real world to deal with and this last semester has been hectic. And I'm only in the first year, so it's a bit of a joke, frankly.

Thus, I am withdrawing into the shadows, to the great delight of many I'm sure. I am not gone forever, and I'll still be an MP until the next election/someone fires me. But I think after a little reevaluation of my views I may come back into the fore, or at least attempt to. Maybe I'll run for a speker related role, maybe I'll instigate a coup within the Tory party, who knows. Perhaps I'll just sit in the bar and irritate you all with non sensical points. I do have plans for this place, though.

Now then, speaking of the Tories...

ReputationRep:
    I have already announced my formal resignation in the subforum for reasons that won't be displayed in the main HoC; I'll leave you to speculate. I'll remain group leader as a caretaker for as long as required until a new leader can be found but I formally resign my Government position. I may also resign my MP seat if fresh blood who want to take it exist.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's unexpected. I could actually see you as speaker Thunder and Jazz

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to see you both go, and hope you stick around a bit. It's been nice working with you.

Giving this, I'm wondering if the Centre should launch a coup for control of the Coalition...

:p:

But seriously, thanks for all the hard work and let us know who the new PM will be!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the HoC will be here this time next year.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will Metrobeans but not for long. Its dieing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    I don't think the HoC will be here this time next year.
    I just think a lot of new TSR members simply don't know about the HoC. There are plenty of people in the debating forums (eg Uk Politics). I think the speaker should put a big advert in the UK politics forum saying what all the parties do, who we are, etc.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    I just think a lot of new TSR members simply don't know about the HoC. There are plenty of people in the debating forums (eg Uk Politics). I think the speaker should put a big advert in the UK politics forum saying what all the parties do, who we are, etc.
    Its one of several things im thinking of. Actualy iv been trying that for a while.

ReputationRep:
    HoC could really use some new members about now. All parties are stagnating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    HoC could really use some new members about now. All parties are stagnating.
    Very true.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I've asked the mods if we can do some advertising, but another idea I've had floating around a while is to give us a fresh start. Remove all current HoC law and start again as it were. That way we won't run out of ideas so fast for at least a little while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Its one of several things im thinking of. Actualy iv been trying that for a while.
    Oh fair game then old boy. I've seen that there are plenty of very good debaters on the forums but a lot of them aren't here.

ReputationRep:
    Bill Bailey.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by in_jeopardy)
    Bill Bailey.
    You noticed it too

ReputationRep:
    Talk about morbid! Maybe a refreshment is needed but being negative helps nobody.
    In fact this is more like a snake shedding its skin, a lot of the old players are leaving now it seems and so if we can get some new people in then we can be a shiny new snake...

I hope you don't leave though T/J, maybe you just need to adjust to the way that uni works and balance your schedule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwilson03)
    Talk about morbid! Maybe a refreshment is needed but being negative helps nobody.
    In fact this is more like a snake shedding its skin, a lot of the old players are leaving now it seems and so if we can get some new people in then we can be a shiny new snake...

I hope you don't leave though T/J, maybe you just need to adjust to the way that uni works and balance your schedule?
    I absolutly agree!! We mustn't be negetive. We just need to find some new blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    I absolutly agree!! We mustn't be negetive. We just need to find some new blood.
    Which is where the Dayne propaganda campaign comes into play? :yy:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm ganna get zeppelins to drop pro-me propaganda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I'm ganna get zeppelins to drop pro-me propaganda
    Umm...

Grand idea Dayne, but ya might miss your target audience? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwilson03)
    Which is where the Dayne propaganda campaign comes into play? :yy:
    Propaganda FTW. I also think the parties have a responsibility to contact all their members who have been inactive in an attempt to get them active again.

It really doesn't help that 4 party leaders have gone within the past 3 days though!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.