Turn on thread page Beta

A message from your very favouritist leadership team watch

ReputationRep:
    I guess we should start passing slightly different bills now.
    Like the legalising murder bill.

Seriously though, in the General Discussion area I am forever seeing new posters.
    However as with any forum, the trick is not just to reel them in, but to get them to actually stay and become a regular. That is quite difficult.

I guess the speaker could start at the politics board and go from there.

Oh and try to recruit from the health and relationship and sexual health board.

Because MP's who always moan about irregular periods or premature ejaculation will liven this place up.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps if people had links to the HoC in their sig? Not just to a particular party (as I currently have) but to the forum.

ReputationRep:
    It's not hard to recruit. Keeping is the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yep but normally people are recruited straight into a party. Surely if they are recruited into the HoC itself then they will choose their party more carefully and 'get a feel' of how it works before joining a party - perhaps therefore being more likely to stay. I know that I spent a little while looking around before joining the Centre Party, whereas some people (from my experience) have joined a party and then not really known how it works outside the sub-forum..
    It's worth a try anyway, just a slightly different approach. Plus I think we need some new bills out there, perhaps a few controversial things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    It's not hard to recruit. Keeping is the problem.
    I agree!! Too many people join and don't stay on. The ones that annoy me the most are the ones who join, aren't active in the subforum but are still active in the rest of TSR!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.