Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for a job as a waitress at one of the many restaurants in my town.
    Is this best way to do this by :
    walking into the restaurant, asking about vacancies and giving them my CV?
    Or do I send them my CV in an email via the 'recruitment' section of their website?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for the first option .

ReputationRep:
    From experience, I'd go with the first option. Don't leave your CV with a member of staff though - ask for the manager and make sure they get it instead. I've seen far too many pieces of paper left lying around or shoved somewhere and forgotten about instead of being handed to the right person.

Going for the second option as well couldn't hurt. If it's a chain of restaurants then there might be vacancies in places other than the restaurant you're aiming for, which might help.

ReputationRep:
    First option is reliable. They can see your effort though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.