Turn on thread page Beta

Male Scarfs [Fem opinion] watch

ReputationRep:
    So I love scarfs, not the usual bulky ones that keep you warm but the thin silky ones. I just got a new one and wanted some opinions with regards to whether the tassels look better in or out. If any guys know any other nice ones link me =]

ReputationRep:
    They make you look like a ponce [male opinion]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    They make you look like a ponce [male opinion]
    Yeh I know. But i like metro so I don't particularly care

ReputationRep:
    Out!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the scarves that aren't for keeping you warm. They just seem a bit girly. It seems normal when my gay, male friends wear them but I don't think straight guys should wear them (that's not supposed to be homophobic). That's just my opinion on those scarves.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be better without it imo.

ReputationRep:
    For the love of ******* Christ, wear it out.

I'm a connoisseur of scarves myself, both thin and thermal, and I would throat punch you on the street if saw such blasphemy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Yeh I know. But i like metro so I don't particularly care
    Most women prefer real men, so might as well take that last step into homosexuality lol

Scarfs to keep you warm, fair enough, they have a purpose but people see things like that and know you've only put that on to tart yourself up.

ps. If you are wearing it, don't tuck it in...it looks like you have a mass of chest hair under your t-shirt. That would put of metro loving girls for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Scarves that dont keep you warm = non functional accessories
    non functional accessories = female
    female accessories + male = no balls
    conclusion = grow a pair

*awaits comments about my insecurity

ReputationRep:
    The look in general does nothing for me, but if you're going to attempt to look like you take an interest in style, then don't tuck it in your shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Only me that thinks it looks good? :cool:
    I like it out more though.

ReputationRep:
    Scarves which serve no purpose other than a fashionable one are just...odd.
    By all means wear a fashionable scarf, so long as it keeps you warm as well. The one in the photo looks friggin gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloedabell)
    I don't like the scarves that aren't for keeping you warm. They just seem a bit girly. It seems normal when my gay, male friends wear them but I don't think straight guys should wear them (that's not supposed to be homophobic). That's just my opinion on those scarves.
    Meh maybe its our social circles but pretty much ever guy I know has a few in their wardrobe. Yah it's considered camp but when you're in a metro scene you can wear them without looking too gay.

(Original post by andy12691)
    You'd be better without it imo.
    Most girls have actually said that to me. Ta

(Original post by iamkund)
    For the love of ******* Christ, wear it out.

I'm a connoisseur of scarves myself, both thin and thermal, and I would throat punch you on the street if saw such blasphemy.
    :eek:

All the people saying it looks gay, well christ pretty much everything in male fashion is ******* gay lol. I don't really care whether you think it looks camp I just want to know from a /style/ point of view.

ReputationRep:
    Out.

ReputationRep:
    From here, it sort of looks like you got a cut up tie and wrapped it around your neck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Meh maybe its our social circles but pretty much ever guy I know has a few in their wardrobe. Yah it's considered camp but when you're in a metro scene you can wear them without looking too gay.

Most girls have actually said that to me. Ta

:eek:

All the people saying it looks gay, well christ pretty much everything in male fashion is ******* gay lol. I don't really care whether you think it looks camp I just want to know from a /style/ point of view.
    Tbh I normally prefer guys with scarfs (I mean for fashionable purpose), but it's just a NO for this particular one, I'm sorry

Having said that, if you actually love it, I'd suggest wearing it out.

ReputationRep:
    the scarf is fine but you can. not. tuck. it. in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy12691)
    Tbh I normally prefer guys with scarfs (I mean for fashionable purpose), but it's just a NO for this particular one, I'm sorry

Having said that, if you actually love it, I'd suggest wearing it out.
    I like scarfs in general, but this silky one is the thinnest one and the only one with long tassels hence why I wanted some opinions. Most of my silky ones aren't so camp and do actually keep you warm

ReputationRep:
    Wear it out. Looks great

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was a sweat patch at first! Don't wear it out. I've got nothing against you wearing it, think they're pretty cool myself (obviously not cool if you're trying to keep yourself warm - that would be stupid, wear a big scarf).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.