Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Meh maybe its our social circles but pretty much ever guy I know has a few in their wardrobe. Yah it's considered camp but when you're in a metro scene you can wear them without looking too gay.

Most girls have actually said that to me. Ta

:eek:

All the people saying it looks gay, well christ pretty much everything in male fashion is ******* gay lol. I don't really care whether you think it looks camp I just want to know from a /style/ point of view.
    Yeah, I totally know what you mean about the metro thing. It suits that style. It's just not the style I prefer, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    normal knitted ones look fine, but thin and silky is just too girly for a guy to wear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Befbef101)
    Hmmm. Only me that thinks it looks good? :cool:
    I like it out more though.
    Agreed.

I think it looks good but PLEASE dont tuck it in ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloedabell)
    Yeah, I totally know what you mean about the metro thing. It suits that style. It's just not the style I prefer, I guess.
    True. Although I should add I'm not a metro in the sense of skinny jeans/long hair etc. So this scarf is pretty much the only camp piece of clothing I'd wear (unless you considered Vnecks camp).

ReputationRep:
    Out, under a jacket if you wear one with the fleeces out slightly. That's how I wear mine, which I hardly wear now.

ReputationRep:
    Those are a bit queer looking... but still oddly hot :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Looks pretty hot, but swap it for a more...manly scarf?

ReputationRep:
    Loving the homophobia and discomfort with androgyny in this thread. Good job chaps.

ReputationRep:
    So the conception is, wear it out only. Alternatively do not wear it because it makes me look gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    omdays it makes you look like a battyman
    On first reading I thought you said Batman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Looks pretty hot, but swap it for a more...manly scarf?
    This scarf isn't to keep me warm though. It's actually a summer scarf lol I usually wear thick scarfs around this time of year to keep me warm. But in the summer its too hot so I change them for silk/thin cut.

ReputationRep:
    Out is better definitely!
    If you want something that isn't dangling (ooh-er..) then get a short neckerchief or something.

Metro is better.

EDIT: Whoa, just read all the posts that were quicker than me...I thought ideas about accessories equalling gay were terribly passé?

ReputationRep:
    Out. But it looks ******* ridiculous with a t-shirt!

ReputationRep:
    So the conception is, wear it out only. Alternatively do not wear it because it makes me look gay.
    It does seems to me like girls love your scarfs while most of guys don't. What is my advice? Listen to the girls opinions, of course unless you're gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    are you stalking me !

You could say that...
    Hahah, nah, I always see your posts when I'm lurking, and they're quite :sexface:

OP: Out.

ReputationRep:
    This scarf isn't to keep me warm though. It's actually a summer scarf lol I usually wear thick scarfs around this time of year to keep me warm. But in the summer its too hot so I change them for silk/thin cut.
    Then just out. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    TBH i think it's sexy.
    But a tiny bit gay you know :p:
    The last one looks classy though - looks like a collared T-shirt under a vneck, ACE :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    True. Although I should add I'm not a metro in the sense of skinny jeans/long hair etc. So this scarf is pretty much the only camp piece of clothing I'd wear (unless you considered Vnecks camp).
    When I said metro, I don't think of those skinny jeans guys, I think of those guys who wear scarves, plain tees and either sweatpants or jeans with a belt with an eagle on or something. Those kind of guys. Some straighten their hair and stuff. That's the guys I thought of. Do you know what I mean? Do you have those kind of guys where you're from?

ReputationRep:
    It looks nice out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloedabell)
    When I said metro, I don't think of those skinny jeans guys, I think of those guys who wear scarves, plain tees and either sweatpants or jeans with a belt with an eagle on or something. Those kind of guys. Some straighten their hair and stuff. That's the guys I thought of. Do you know what I mean? Do you have those kind of guys where you're from?
    European metro then
    Private education = **** loads of them with even campier styles them mine.

(Original post by Glee)
    TBH i think it's sexy.
    But a tiny bit gay you know :p:
    The last one looks classy though - looks like a collared T-shirt under a vneck, ACE :rolleyes:
    It does look gay, but is that a bad thing?
    A few girls have assumed I'm gay before, when they find out I'm not its great. Heck two of my ex gfs thought I was when first meeting them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.