Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think will be the top 10 ranked universities in 2020 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    But they get the most motivated and dynamic students while traditional unis just get lazy snobs.
    Man that is good sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    Before anything, who gives a ####, I mean unless your like 7 (?). Other than that I presume the same. Surely Oxbridge and Cambridge on top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    And apparently we'll all be living under water...
    That is one thing I never got, we live under water, but not much has changed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBOON)
    Before anything, who gives a ####, I mean unless your like 7 (?). Other than that I presume the same. Surely Oxbridge and Cambridge on top.

ReputationRep:
    cambridge, oxford, lse, imperial, ucl, nottingham, warwick, st andrews, edinburgh, city university - CASS business school!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge
    UCL
    Oxford
    LSE
    St Andrews
    Warwick
    Imperial
    Loughborough
    Bath
    Durham

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll depend on any tuition fee rises and also if a university can go private. If Oxford, Cambridge and the big London universities went private, I think they'd end up miles above the others.

Oxbridge. Then some others probably fairly closely resembling what we have now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toblerone93)
    That is one thing I never got, we live under water, but not much has changed?
    Well his great, great, great granddaughter is pretty fine after all...

ReputationRep:
    DO you think there should be a single, official league table to avoid the (sometimes large) differences between each newspaper one? I personally don't use league tables because the uni is meaningless for medicine but I know others who used them to a great degree and I often think they could be misled and don't research each place properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Providing the world doesn't end in 2012 of course :awesome:
    busted have been to the year 3000, we have a long long time to go yet untill the world comes to an end

ReputationRep:
    YOUR USERNAME! :eek: :bawling:

And....I dunno. I don't think it'll change that much tbh.

But your username! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    The only ones that have been in all the UK newspapers' top tens since league tables began nearly twenty years ago are Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial and Warwick, so I don't see them going anywhere. I'd expect to see UCL there as well. The others are anyone's guess - could be the old stalwarts like Durham and Bristol, could be younger, ambitious unis like York and Bath, could be the likes of Nottingham and Manchester. Edinburgh and St Andrews are likely to do well. KCL's strong.

ReputationRep:
    I would think tuition fee rises or privatisation will affect it so I can't guess a decade from now I'll tell you when I'm 31

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.