Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I've applied for 2010 entry to UCL to study Law with Hispanic Law, and waiting for a response is driving me crazy!! I'm just wondering if anyone else has applied for the Law with a European Legal System course and if so have they heard about interviews/offers/rejections?

Thanks!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure saches here on TSR has got an offer for Law with French Law, if I recall correctly.

Ah, I almost applied for the same course as you. :/

(Original post by saches)
    x
    Right?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh,, why didn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaamsmith)
    Ahh,, why didn't you?
    The motivation to do so was partly a naive assumption that my chances of an offer might be higher applying for the Law with Hispanic Law course, and also because I'm half Spanish and all my work experience was done with Spanish lawyers, in Spain.

In the end though it wasn't actually what I was truly interested in, so I stuck with the straight Law course. Paid off.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

I see paradigm shift has quoted me here.
    Yes, I have an offer for Law with French Law, following an interview last Wednesday. So yep, they do have interviews! Next round seems to be in February, as that's when the students who couldn't make the January ones were moved to. When did you put in your application? You'll probably hear if you have an interview 2 weeks to a month beforehand.

Good luck with your application! Let me know how you get on.
    Aisling

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!

Thanks so much for your help...that's great

My application was submitted around mid-December time, so hopefully I'll hear some news- good or bad- some time soon. I see you applied to Durham, as did I, but to Hild and Bede College

Do you mind me asking what sort of thinks you were asked in your interview? I mean, were you interviewed in French, or did you have to respond to a passage or something?

I'm not as hopeful as I was mind... my LNAT went rather horribly!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!

Thanks so much for your help...that's great

My application was submitted around mid-December time, so hopefully I'll hear some news- good or bad- some time soon. I see you applied to Durham, as did I, but to Hild and Bede College

Do you mind me asking what sort of thinks you were asked in your interview? I mean, were you interviewed in French, or did you have to respond to a passage or something?

I'm not as hopeful as I was mind... my LNAT went rather horribly!!
    Yep, half the interview was in French. They try to conduct a sort of debate with you, which did not work very well with me because I know nothing about surrogacy (which is what I was asked about). The other half was just a legal analysis in English, which was fine.

I'm sure you did fine, and you'll soon know anyways.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I've applied for 2010 entry to UCL to study Law with Hispanic Law, and waiting for a response is driving me crazy!! I'm just wondering if anyone else has applied for the Law with a European Legal System course and if so have they heard about interviews/offers/rejections?

Thanks!!
    xx
    Hi, i've also applied for the law and hispanic law and still haven't heard anything! I just want to know if i'm even going to get an interview, i can't stand waiting much longer! I'm kinda expecting a rejection now coz i got 17 in my Lnat which isn't too bad but i think UCL prefer higher marks than that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coleyjane)
    Hi, i've also applied for the law and hispanic law and still haven't heard anything! I just want to know if i'm even going to get an interview, i can't stand waiting much longer! I'm kinda expecting a rejection now coz i got 17 in my Lnat which isn't too bad but i think UCL prefer higher marks than that...
    Well, not to depress you prematurely, but UCL tend to be rather harsh with the LNAT scores, I have an offer from them and my score is 21 and I've heard of people being rejected with LNAT as the specific reason with scores not much lower than mine. HOWEVER, that does not mean that you necessarily need to give up hope! If you have excellent academics and your LNAT essay was pretty good, you're still in with a chance.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Well, not to depress you prematurely, but UCL tend to be rather harsh with the LNAT scores, I have an offer from them and my score is 21 and I've heard of people being rejected with LNAT as the specific reason with scores not much lower than mine. HOWEVER, that does not mean that you necessarily need to give up hope! If you have excellent academics and your LNAT essay was pretty good, you're still in with a chance.

Good luck!
    No i know i'm not getting my hopes up really, i suppose i'll just have to wait and see though! I would really love to get in but there's nothing i can do now! Well done for getting in though, is it going to be your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coleyjane)
    No i know i'm not getting my hopes up really, i suppose i'll just have to wait and see though! I would really love to get in but there's nothing i can do now! Well done for getting in though, is it going to be your firm?
    Yep, hopefully! Now I just need to get an A in French...

ReputationRep:

Good luck!
    I got my score back and it was 19, which is around borderline for UCL I'm guessing... my essay was alright, but I had to rush the ending because I ran out of time. Anyway, hopefully they'll get back to me sometime soon!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    I got my score back and it was 19, which is around borderline for UCL I'm guessing... my essay was alright, but I had to rush the ending because I ran out of time. Anyway, hopefully they'll get back to me sometime soon!!
    x

have you still not heard anything ?
    i haven't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crowsy)
    have you still not heard anything ?
    i haven't
    unfortunately not, i'm still waiting too! it's taking soooo long.
    when did you send you application off? and do your lnat?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately not, i'm still waiting too! it's taking soooo long.
    when did you send you application off? and do your lnat?
    i sent off on dec 1st and took my lnat on 25th nov

tbh i royally f***ed up my lnat-only got 11, but i wish they'd hurry along and reject me

how about you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crowsy)
    i sent off on dec 1st and took my lnat on 25th nov

tbh i royally f***ed up my lnat-only got 11, but i wish they'd hurry along and reject me

how about you ?
    i'm sure they won't!! and well i sent my application off early december, and sat my lnat at the beginning of january. i know what you mean about wishing they'd hurry up though, i don't know if i can wait much longer!!

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure they won't!! and well i sent my application off early december, and sat my lnat at the beginning of january. i know what you mean about wishing they'd hurry up though, i don't know if i can wait much longer!!
    Agreed, i'm so fed up with waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if it's any indication of how long you'll have to wait, I submitted my UCAS in October, sat the LNAT first week of November and was called for interview in January. They seem to have sent out another round of interviews for the 24th February, it's possible that because your application was submitted later you're not going to be in this round of interviews, you'll probably be the last in March or something.

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to interview on 24th February... received the email today!!

ReputationRep:
    i've still not heard anything...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.