Turn on thread page Beta

Was This stupid of me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    a woman with a slight accent phoned and was asking me about information sources, and I didn't want to be rude and just hang up on her. At the end of the brief interview (she asked about local newspapers etc) she asked for my post code, I was taken aback but out of habit i said it and then my she asked my name and I did the same. I could have kicked myself, usually I just hang up and be rude.

I'm kinda worried, she knows my address and name...is there any well danger in this? Anyone heard anything bad happening from this?

ReputationRep:
    So the only information you gave them was your name and postcode? I doubt there's much they could do with that, other than send you annoying spam snail mail.

ReputationRep:
    You'll most likely just get some spam mail

ReputationRep:
    No.

They won't do nothing.

=)

ReputationRep:
    most likely you'll get spam

ReputationRep:
    They could've acquired your name and address just using your phone number. I wouldn't worry about it.

Did you give her your house number (door)? If you didn't then she only knows the street that you live on, that's all

ReputationRep:
    when these f00lz phone me up i tell them i dont have an address but id be happy to recommend them to my friends, then i leave a long silence and then pretend im crying and say 'problem is *sniff* i dont *cry* have any friends...'

that teaches the *******s

ReputationRep:
    It was kind of stupid but nothing will happen.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your comments, I feel better. I worry a lot, and my paranoia levels are particularly high.

In future i'll just say I'd rather not say, she seemed nice so I was totally off guard

ReputationRep:
    Expect a rapist knocking on your door at 4 in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    No.

They won't do nothing.

=)
    So they'll do something then?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.