Turn on thread page Beta

Chocolate/sweets which arn't as nice now? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesWyl)
    Does anyone remember when they made blackcurrant Smarties, or something?
    Ohhhh! Not sure if this is what you mean, but this has just reminded me of the Fruity Smarties, which were actually just really bad-tasting Skittles.

I used to love Parma Violets, but after using Parma Violet-smelling soap for a year, I can't stand the smell, so I don't know if they've gotten worse, but they probably have because everything else seems to have.

ReputationRep:
    disco crisps! the salt and vinegar ones especially - they used to be SO strong (yum, additives) but now they're just nowhere near as good. i had a bag a month or so ago and was extremely disappointed. crisps in general really, but i don't tend to eat them nowadays anyway so i'm not really fussed.

okay so they're not a chocolate or a sweet, but the point still stands.

ReputationRep:
    Refreshers definitely aren't as nice anymore. I got all excited when I found a pack of them a few months ago and it just wasn't the same. Damn natural flavours!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, most things taste worse these days, especially milky ways, fruit pastels and milky bar chocolate because it's just not as melty as it once was

ReputationRep:
    Jelly Babies. They look like they're regurgitated, and they taste the same - rank.

ReputationRep:
    This thread reeks of nostalgia.
    I want my crazily modified smarties back.... now!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate. I can't eat it the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    arrrhh dip dabs, i remember those too, did anyone have a tuck shop at their school? i did but they closed it because Jamie Oliver made schools healthy.
    Speaking of Jamie Oliver, did anyone else seriously love turkey twizzlers??
    I nearly cried when they were banned :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eccentric)
    This thread reeks of nostalgia.
    I want my crazily modified smarties back.... now!!!!!
    Me too.
    I want a kinder egg now. =D

ReputationRep:
    Lion bars! I used to like them once upon a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMV)
    So anyway, I was at the shop today and saw a Double Decker bar and thought "ooh, nostalgia, I havn't had one of those in years" so I got one, and it didn't taste as nice as I remember. ;-;

Has anyone else had this and what with?
    Watchoo talkin' 'bout fool!

Double Deckers are the tastiest.

ReputationRep:
    Snickers.

ReputationRep:
    stop it, this thread is making me very hungry

ReputationRep:
    Galaxy... it was nice before i comfort ate 3 bars after my biology exam today... Now the thought of it makes me queezy...

ReputationRep:
    It's not a sweet, but Um Bongos used to taste amazing with all the sugar and stuff, but I bought some the other day and it just tasted like juice

ReputationRep:
    I think Milky way bars have got better :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I think this has more to do with your taste buds maturing as opposed to them taking out the additives

ReputationRep:
    those fizzy sweets they used to sell at woolworths before they started not using artificial flavors and colours
    they were ridiculously and deliciously sweet and yummy before that

ReputationRep:
    Wonka Bars and Millions :love:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Mars Bars, they’re rather rubbish now since they changed the recipe a few years ago. I remember when they used to go rock solid in the fridge, they made great murder weapons... :evilbanana: (sorry, I just wanted an excuse to use that emoticon!)

It sucks how most things have gotten smaller these days. Creme eggs especially! When will they learn that it doesn’t make me eat les chocolate, I just go and get another one!

Although I swear some people exaggerate the sizes of sweets in the past, my mum for example:

“I remember when wagon wheels were the size of bicycle wheels!!!” :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.