Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chocolate/sweets which arn't as nice now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    When will they learn that it doesn’t make me eat les chocolate, I just go and get another one!
    I think their aim is to get you to buy more, thus spending more money on their products, rather than to eat less

ReputationRep:
    I loved the chocolate limes that Tesco sold when I was at uni, but in my third year they changed the recipe and they've never been the same since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    They are savoury but pot noodles just aren't anywhere near as nice!

This! They used to be so delicious! Now they're a bit average.

ReputationRep:
    Rolos have gone downhill for me.

ReputationRep:
    Fruit Pastilles! Those utter IDIOTS ruined them!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have Choclik all the time years ago.
    Now you can't find it anywhere.

I ordered some off The Happy Sweet Shop and it just wasn't the same.
    Annoying, as I bought a kilo of it, nomnomnom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKin2U)
    galaxy - i used to leve them but i cantt stand them now! the flavours way too much
    weirdo
    :yep:

JOOOOOOOOOOOOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Mars Bars, they’re rather rubbish now since they changed the recipe a few years ago. I remember when they used to go rock solid in the fridge, they made great murder weapons... :evilbanana: (sorry, I just wanted an excuse to use that emoticon!)

It sucks how most things have gotten smaller these days. Creme eggs especially! When will they learn that it doesn’t make me eat les chocolate, I just go and get another one!

Although I swear some people exaggerate the sizes of sweets in the past, my mum for example:

“I remember when wagon wheels were the size of bicycle wheels!!!” :rolleyes:
    weirdo

They utterly raped milky ways when they changed from the brown centre to that white stuff. I mean it's ok, but... it's not a ****ing milky way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    They utterly raped milky ways when they changed from the brown centre to that white stuff. I mean it's ok, but... it's not a ****ing milky way!
    ALIE i like milky way ...no matter wat

no dey r 17p lol b4 dey wer 15p ..datz gassed famalam alie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Smarties, they are horrible now

agreed! :sad:

(Original post by sk007_644)
    ALIE i like milky way ...no matter wat

no dey r 17p lol b4 dey wer 15p ..datz gassed famalam alie
    wut? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    I think their aim is to get you to buy more, thus spending more money on their products, rather than to eat less
    You have a point!

But I always thought that it had something to do with the government tackling the so-called 'obesity pandemic.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...ent-plans.html

ReputationRep:
    You have a point!

But I always thought that it had something to do with the government tackling the so-called 'obesity pandemic.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...ent-plans.html
    Could be - in which case it kind of backfires, because secretly the companies know that many people will just buy two of the things rather than one!

ReputationRep:
    omg this thread is making my mouth water :drool:
    but I just know that if I give in I will be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk007_644)
    weirdo
    :yep:

JOOOOOOOOOOOOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE
    oopsy i spelt love wrong haha that looks wierd =S n shuuupp about wierdo! =(

ReputationRep:
    Twix tastes terrible now.

It almost tastes like it's been left out in the sun for a week, and somehow managed not to melt.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else really hate the fact they changed the shape of the smarties tube? I used to love just sitting making the lid pop and now you cant do it

ReputationRep:
    rainbow drops, those spaceship things that have sherbert in them, and, i can't remember the name but they're like white chocolate buttons with sugar sprinkles on them

ReputationRep:
    Fudge! Not what they used to be.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.