Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Ive recently just accepted a CA training job in KPMG. I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any induction/new joiners events that happened in june/july which we should keep ourselves available for?

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt it. If you are booking holidays to be safe i would do it pre 31 July. Please bear in mind that your exact start date will not be confirmed until approx 6 weeks before so it could change substantially. What service line will you be joining?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks steffy, just wanted another opinion before i booked a holiday. Ive heard that for some offices you have to attend a meeting for joining instructions and a start date mid june/july. Im joining the audit team.

ReputationRep:
    There might be an event to tell you more about life at KPMG, it was a morning event when I went and was just after I had my offer but some people had already accepted their's. Not sure if they do it at all offices and it's not mandatory but worth going to. They run more than one of these so I wouldn't hold back on holiday for that.

In terms of start dates this year the earliest were at the start of August and the latest I'm aware of were start of October. As I'm not sure of your position I can only comment on audit but we had a few at the start of August who went on the global induction thingy, then ICAS and CIPFA started in mid-August and ACA started first week of October.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.