Turn on thread page Beta

Would you cheat in an exam if you could? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you cheat in an A Level exam?
    Yes!
    57.89%
    No!
    30.26%
    Depends..
    11.84%

ReputationRep:
    So,

January exams are done and I'm going to uni in Sept but only have conditional offers lol

I was wondering if anyone else would cheat in the exams to get the grades needed for uni cause i think i did ok in my exams but if i could have cheated, i think i would have..

Hmmm...Would you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    no, i'd feel dirty

ReputationRep:
    If I could get the grade I need for no work and there was no way anyone would ever find out then...

no.

I honestly wouldn't. I've cheated in class tests in the past (me and my friend used to answer share) but never for an official one. Where's the sense of achievement??

ReputationRep:
    I am sure I could cheat if I wanted to, but I don't 'cos I am terrified I'd get caught. So no, but if I thought I couldn't get the grades, and uni meant a lot to me, I might reconsider. I would be totally paranoid though!

ReputationRep:
    yes, defo, although id make sure i knew it as well so id never be in a position where i obviously didnt attain that grade.

ReputationRep:
    screw these squares, i'd definately cheat if i could!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erulisse)
    I am sure I could cheat if I wanted to, but I don't 'cos I am terrified I'd get caught. So no, but if I thought I couldn't get the grades, and uni meant a lot to me, I might reconsider. I would be totally paranoid though!
    i see what you mean, i would be really paranoid, even though i won't be studying the same subjects at uni

ha, was just a thought but i've done them now so it's too late to cheat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Where's the sense of achievement??
    +1

and the old cliche, "Its only yourself you're cheating"

ReputationRep:
    id cheat in chemistry because i know im screwed
    i wouldnt really bother if it wasnt a totally hopeless situation though

ReputationRep:
    well it sort of defeats the point, i'd only cheat if i hated the subject/thought it was a waste of time

ReputationRep:
    well i hate business and i don't plan on doing it ever again lol

too dam hard

ReputationRep:
    If there was absolutely No chance of being caught then YES ! Definately !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erulisse)
    This.

No. They wouldn't be my academic achievements. Waay more trouble than it's worth. I don't mind cheating in class tests so long as you agree with a mate beforehand to help each other out but I never would for anything official.

ReputationRep:
    wel im not in uni but im doinbg gcse's and i rembered one test5 iw as really confused so i looked to my side and the girl sitting nect to me is ie the smartest in my year she gets like 100% or a little less and i saw her answers were different to my but i just didnt feel right cheatinggg

ReputationRep:
    I'd never cheat; I'd feel far too guilty!

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't. I'd rather not get the grades than get the grades knowing I shouldn't have.

ReputationRep:
    No. Like an above poster said, I used to cheat in silly tests the teachers made us take with my friends, but I'd never do it in an official exam. I'd feel so terrible, especially if I did well and my parents were congratulating me on it.

ReputationRep:
    maybe, its a dog eat dog world

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt but i would have very much liked to today after my biology exam today!!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.