Turn on thread page Beta

Would you cheat in an exam if you could? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you cheat in an A Level exam?
    Yes!
    57.89%
    No!
    30.26%
    Depends..
    11.84%

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't but many people cheated for the french writing exam 2 years ago, they brought sheets of paper with the piece if writing they were meant to have memorised before hand. They left them on under the seats after the exam :facepalm: and claimed that they were never told they couldn't take in a draft :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably, it's not like grades or memorising a curriculum an abstract body deems neccesary is evidence of any kind of intelligence, it demonstrates nothing but the ability of the individual to collate and absorb data.

I'd prefer to cheat in my tests so i could spend my time on genuine intellectual pursuits more worth while.

ReputationRep:
    i have and will do it again *****es

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    no, i'd feel dirty
    :sexface:

Depends how important the exam was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Of course - I've done it many times
    same

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't as I'd feel really bad afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes cheat in class tests if I haven't bothered going over the material the night before.

If it were an A2 exam, I'd feel dirty all the time at university knowing I didn't earn my place there.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely if noone was going to find out. Who cares if its not your academic achievement? You get the grades to get somewhere else, be it uni or a job. Make that route as easy as possible.

ReputationRep:
    of course, if I didn't get caught

ReputationRep:
    what do u mean if you could? you can! But as every person with any sense would, you choose not to. If you mean you were allowed, then it wouldn't be cheating. or am I nit-picking? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Ok how about if it was a retake which you flopped before and most probably gonna flop again but you only need it to get the tariff points?

The course isn't relevant to your uni course..howz about then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    if i could get away with it, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acp11)
    what do u mean if you could? you can! But as every person with any sense would, you choose not to. If you mean you were allowed, then it wouldn't be cheating. or am I nit-picking? :o:
    lool i meant if you could get away with it!

ReputationRep:
    I've put no because I believe that if you can't handle three subjects' worth of exams at (relatively easy) A level then I don't see how you'd be able to cope with exams and coursework for 6-8 modules per semester at uni.

However, two years ago before I got into Uni I would have defintely cheated if I could have gotten away with it because then I wouldn't have had to have worried about potentially not getting into the university I wanted to.

I disagree with exams as I think they just test your memory rather than your actual skills and knowledge (IMO) but the reality is that you probably will end up doing loads at uni, so basically if you can't get your head down for a few A level exams then maybe uni isn't for you.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would if I wasn't going to get caught and am struggling a lot in that specific subject and I know how to as well; just don't need to do it most of the times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmo)
    lool i meant if you could get away with it!
    oh, ok yeah if it was certain I'd get away with it I probably would cheat, although I would feel slightly guilty, not much though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmo)
    well i hate business and i don't plan on doing it ever again lol

too dam hard
    this! business is horrible, and seeing as it will be a huge fail, yepp i would have cheated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahra.)
    this! business is horrible, and seeing as it will be a huge fail, yepp i would have cheated
    lol someone gets it i was gonna drop it last year coz i got such a **** grade but i hope i did well

just have to wait till march!

ReputationRep:
    Oh Yeah, Does Anyone Knows The Exact Date For March Results Because I've Heard So Many Different Dates??? :s

ReputationRep:
    Cheaters ruin the system for everyone else.

I try to be a good fair person.

So no. I wouldn't cheat.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.