Turn on thread page Beta

Would you cheat in an exam if you could? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you cheat in an A Level exam?
    Yes!
    57.89%
    No!
    30.26%
    Depends..
    11.84%

ReputationRep:
    Yes And Will Continue Doing So

ReputationRep:
    yh y not

ReputationRep:
    If I knew that i could get the grade i wanted without cheating then i wouldn't cheat. But if i really needed a good grade and wasn't quite there then i would, who wouldn't?

ReputationRep:
    No way, hose. If you cheat, that means you are not showing your real potential or ability in the subject and performance in the exam. It also means you don't believe in yourself to do well by yourself. If you really can't do it then why bother with the exam at all?

ReputationRep:
    Would you could you on a train?
    Would you could you on a plane?

ReputationRep:
    If it gets you to where you want to be...Why not? So YES.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't. I generally prepare for my exams beforehand so I don't need to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    If there was no chance of getting caught I'd do it without a second thought.

If I knew I couldn't get clocked, then yes :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Thinking more widely than A-Levels, I don't think I'd be able to feel good about myself for a long time afterwards if I cheated in an important exam, plus there's always the possibility that it could come back to haunt me in the future. That said, for an exam that was truly critical to my future plans I'm not sure that I could say with certainty that I wouldn't take advantage of an opportunity to get an advantage that presented itself if there was a negligible chance of bad consequences.

Fortunately, I'm pretty much through the most important exams that I'll ever have to sit by now! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would if I wouldn't get caught :/

I have done some cheating when I was in yr 7...and tbf...considering I got chucked into a Spanish school without speaking any Spanish.
    The teachers decided to let me cheat lol.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't because I have an overactive guilty conscience. I'd end up confessing or just feeling ridiculously guilty for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't cheat in any exam because then i would know that i never truyly got that grade and my conscience can't handle that

ReputationRep:
    revise lots and you never need to cheat. revision is the ultimate key. with sciencey subjects the feeling you get when you walk out of the exam thinking you knew most of the stuff is a pretty good one. so no, I wouldn't cheat.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.