x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Clubs, bars, guys, pulling! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Cool, you got something with more flesh on show? :perv:
    LOL LEGEND! :rofl:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    3. Do you feel good about the attention you get?

Sometimes. Whenever the guy is remotely fit I think he's only interested in me because he's drunk! But it does give you a bit of an ego boost I guess.
    Aww you sound like you have low self esteem

ReputationRep:
    5. What do you actually want from these interactions? The whole scene seems too superficial to get to know someone for a relationship, and most girls don't seem to want sex with a random guy. So What DO you want?
    Thinking you'll find a husband-to-be is unlikely. Hustle a few drinks out of them if possible then make a hasty escape, usually it's an overconfident weirdo. Just make sure you make it clear you're not interested or you won't see the back of them.

(Original post by sorafdfs)
    Thinking you'll find a husband-to-be is unlikely. Hustle a few drinks out of them if possible then make a hasty escape, usually it's an overconfident weirdo. Just make sure you make it clear you're not interested or you won't see the back of them.
    If they were sincere and genuine guys would you still hustle drinks out of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorafdfs)
    Nasty, using hustler!

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    1. Anything up to five times personally.

2. They just usually shout "Can I buy you a drink?" in my ear

3. Yes.

4. Teasing them with eye contact. If I'm feeling silly and flirty going to dance with them (body contact!)

5. Just a laugh to meet people and have a good time. Sometimes you actually meet really genuinely nice people!

(Original post by Echo_Foxtrot)
    1. Anything up to five times personally.

2. They just usually shout "Can I buy you a drink?" in my ear

3. Yes.

4. Teasing them with eye contact. If I'm feeling silly and flirty going to dance with them (body contact!)

5. Just a laugh to meet people and have a good time. Sometimes you actually meet really genuinely nice people!
    Out of interest, are there many clubs/bars in Jersey? Are there many young people?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, are there many clubs/bars in Jersey? Are there many young people?
    Not that many clubs, not that great (it's WAY better in London!) And there are lots of young people... though it's hard to go anywhere without seeing people you know, thus making it a hive of gossip!

ReputationRep:
    I am extremely socially retarded and have no idea about what happens at clubs, with regards to pulling, getting phone numbers, etc! I'd appreciate it loads if you could answer some questions (from a female perspective):

1. How many times do you (girls) actually get approached by guys on a night out? I read somewhere that the average girl is approached 40 times but this seems very high.

2. What the hell do guys actually say when they approach you?! How can you talk when the music is really loud?

3. Do you feel good about the attention you get?

4. Because most girls don't approach anyone, how do you show interest in a guy?

5. What do you actually want from these interactions? The whole scene seems too superficial to get to know someone for a relationship, and most girls don't seem to want sex with a random guy. So What DO you want?

Thanks!
    because you sound well meaning i'm going to answer
    1.sometimes none not more than 2/3

2. Generally they start by introducing themselves and asking my name and the other people with me. Sometimes they just start chatting about the music. Yes its not easy to hear when the music is that loud, but it happens

3. No, as they're never guys I think are hot. Clubs are never going to be places for conversation or meaningful introdutions so I have just as much right as the guy whos come over to me based on my appearance to be not interested in him based on his appearance

4. Generally i'll keep glancing at a guy to see if hes looking back at me. This tactic never works

5.Obviously this will vary alot. I'd like company, maybe a hot guy, and if he seems nice maybe a number by the end of the night so I can call him and we could get to know each other normally.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.