Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Download Announcement watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    any idea when the rest of the head liner's will get announced ?

ReputationRep:
    They had better not have System of a Down when I have to be studying hard this year :'(

ReputationRep:
    Deftones! DEFTONES! ARRGHH. Even to this day I would probably give a limb to see them live.
    Shame that it's unlikely that the rest of the lineup will tickle my fancy, I don't really fancy shelling out on a ticket just for them. Too baaaad.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, this announcement excites me as much as the Sonisphere one. It's good but not great as I only like a couple of the bands.
    Exams will probably get in the way of it so it looks like it'll be Sonisphere for me. Same as last year

(Original post by Lucyyy)
    Deftones! DEFTONES! ARRGHH. Even to this day I would probably give a limb to see them live.
    Shame that it's unlikely that the rest of the lineup will tickle my fancy, I don't really fancy shelling out on a ticket just for them. Too baaaad.
    You could always get a day ticket assuming they sell them this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    I doubt it, Soni have announced all their big names already, Download still have alot up their sleeve.
    Yet the initial announcement is so underwhelming. Doesn't bode well does it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Yet the initial announcement is so underwhelming. Doesn't bode well does it...
    Still have 2 mainstage headliners and subheadliners to announce.
    I wouldnt give up on them yet.

And i think many people would disagree with ACDC being unberwhelming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouLou815)
    As far as I can tell, it often depends on the line up, last year they took a while to sell out. I got mine at the end of April last year, and they sold out a little while after. However, going on the reactions to this line up announcement, they may sell out the same time as last year as many people arn't too happy with the bands announced so far. If the next announcement is 'better', they may go quicker.
    I think it may also depend on ACDC this year, and how many of their fans want to see them back at Donny.

ReputationRep:
    I think it may also depend on ACDC this year, and how many of their fans want to see them back at Donny.
    Good point! Though many may just buy a day ticket instead. Will have to wait and see, and maybe just buy when they say they're running low on tickets?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I work in the same building as the people who are deciding the line-up and they won't tell me

ReputationRep:
    People underestimate the huge demand to actually have AC/DC back at Donington ever since their headlining slot and Live At Donington DVD back in 1991. People have been asking them to return year after year after year, and now they have them booked, chances are this year's Download will be another sell out.

If Faith No More can be a major catalyst to the sell out of Download last year, then AC/DC will most certainly will pull it off - i'm guessing selling out much quicker also.

And we forget that they have only one headliner announced so far and its already a massive pull, ticket sales wise.

ReputationRep:
    All I care about here is a possible return for SOAD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not-another-number)
    All I care about here is a possible return for SOAD.
    I hope they play, but haven't heard any strong rumours of them headlining, and I doubt they would play any lower than that

ReputationRep:
    AC/DC are almost cringe-worthy watching them these days. Old men trying to play as they did in their youth... Hmmm.... not too impressed by that. The atmosphere will be immense though.

ReputationRep:
    Good point! Though many may just buy a day ticket instead. Will have to wait and see, and maybe just buy when they say they're running low on tickets?
    Day tickets tend to run out quite quickly, though it depends how many they release this year I guess. Apparenlty capacity is up to 110,000, but I dont know if that's just extra camping space or what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    AC/DC are almost cringe-worthy watching them these days. Old men trying to play as they did in their youth... Hmmm.... not too impressed by that. The atmosphere will be immense though.

Haha. Kiss back in 2008 were worse.
    But it was soooo good.

ReputationRep:
    Day tickets tend to run out quite quickly, though it depends how many they release this year I guess. Apparenlty capacity is up to 110,000, but I dont know if that's just extra camping space or what.
    I've heard arena capacity is 110,000, and camping is 80,000, can't remember what it was last year though lol

Ah well, I just hope I manage to get a ticket, but if not, I save a few hundred pounds!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard arena capacity is 110,000, and camping is 80,000, can't remember what it was last year though lol

Ah well, I just hope I manage to get a ticket, but if not, I save a few hundred pounds!

I cant remember either.
    I havent been on the forums recently, so have just heard the updates through other people.

ReputationRep:
    I cant remember either.
    I havent been on the forums recently, so have just heard the updates through other people.
    Same, the DL forum moves fater than this one, found it hard to keep up lol
    Been getting my info from someone who spends alot of time on there.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.... I dont like the rest of that lineup. I'll only go for AC/DC. Sonisphere looks tons better (Rammstein and Iron Maiden hellooo?!).

ReputationRep:
    I've heard arena capacity is 110,000, and camping is 80,000

Sounds about right.

They purchased more land and expanded the camping by another few thousand after tickets sold out last year. Might do the same again this year.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.