Download Announcement Watch

Satansicecreamtruck
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
"Download Festival: Bad news SOAD fans – Serj Tankian has confirmed they won’t be reforming this year – shame. Maybe next year"

DLF Facebook

Gutteddddd
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Satansicecreamtruck)
"Download Festival: Bad news SOAD fans – Serj Tankian has confirmed they won’t be reforming this year – shame. Maybe next year"

DLF Facebook

Gutteddddd
but hope the rest of the lineup is good.
matt10101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't wait to go, i would give a limb to go see acdc, and hopefully metalica will headline aswell

Also i hope there is some good classic rock bands playing their, like last year they had zz top and journey!
Krakatoa
Report 8 years ago
Line up is looking pretty juicy,AC/DC will be immense,so hopefully Metallica do,and I can always hope for Soundgarden.
Megadeth is also a very good prospect,maybe Anthrax and Slayer could join aswell,like the Sonisphere in Poland,but nonetheless the line up is shaping up to be pretty special.
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
AC/DC, Them Crooked Vultures are 2 bands i would really like to see live, AC/DC especially. Lineup looks nice, just need to persuade my mates to come now and i think i got an exam on the friday 11th in the afternoon which is kinda ********. Really want to go. When will full ineup be announced?
Wednesday Bass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have to say, Sonisphere looks better so far this year. Although I'd give an arm to see Them Crooked Vultures.
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds about right.

They purchased more land and expanded the camping by another few thousand after tickets sold out last year. Might do the same again this year.
Yeah, they needed to last year, the campsite was packed, especially the ones closeset to the entrance. Wasn't too bad towards the back thankfully!
Satansicecreamtruck
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LouLou815)
Yeah, they needed to last year, the campsite was packed, especially the ones closeset to the entrance. Wasn't too bad towards the back thankfully!
The unfortunate thing was the back campsites (orange and white i believe) where ******* miles away!
Satansicecreamtruck
Report 8 years ago
How can people compare Download to Soni?

Either festivals aint even fully announced their lineups yet
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The unfortunate thing was the back campsites (orange and white i believe) where ******* miles away!
Yeah, I think I was in Orange. Was a nightmare walking there on the first day, then having to wait for them to open the space for us! I kind of preffered it though, it was much calmer so there was no worry about fires on the last night.
Satansicecreamtruck
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LouLou815)
Yeah, I think I was in Orange. Was a nightmare walking there on the first day, then having to wait for them to open the space for us! I kind of preffered it though, it was much calmer so there was no worry about fires on the last night.

Aye, i was in orange too, we set up camp just as it opened.

Absolute nightmare. Back in 2006 i was in red camp which is where orange was last year.

Absolute nightmare.
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aye, i was in orange too, we set up camp just as it opened.

Absolute nightmare. Back in 2006 i was in red camp which is where orange was last year.

Absolute nightmare.

Same pretty much, it was either head to I think it was white, and HOPE there was space or just wait for orange to open, so we did that! Meant we got a decent amount of space for our group too!
Ronar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How is being 17 at download? Will it be fine or will there be massive problems

not going to a rock festival to sit about sober, screw that!
Devel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ronar)

They have a special section for anyone under 18. Don't worry there is a bouncy castle and a ball pool.
Ronar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Devel)
They have a special section for anyone under 18. Don't worry there is a bouncy castle and a ball pool.

funny :p:
skinnyeddy
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ronar)

Not too sure about Download but Sonisphere was amazing as a 17 year old (i'll be 18 by soni this year ). As long as you don't cause any trouble when you're drinking security couldn't care less. Obviously buying alcohol might be a bit more difficult but pretty much everyone will be more than happy to help (myself included...for a fee:yep: )
Ronar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by skinnyeddy)
Not too sure about Download but Sonisphere was amazing as a 17 year old (i'll be 18 by soni this year ). As long as you don't cause any trouble when you're drinking security couldn't care less. Obviously buying alcohol might be a bit more difficult but pretty much everyone will be more than happy to help (myself included...for a fee:yep: )
Sweet

Just no passing out and acting like an immature **** then lol

(I don't do that anyway lol)
Watch Out For Sharks
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Antonia87)
Hmmm.... I dont like the rest of that lineup. I'll only go for AC/DC. Sonisphere looks tons better (Rammstein and Iron Maiden hellooo?!).

Download > Soni anyway tbh.
Ronar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
SO who's bought their tickets then?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gah. What happened to real metal festivals? I want Bodom, Arch Enemy and Decapitated all together. Sod Metallica, ACDC and especially SOAD! :p:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (111)
94.87%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (6)
5.13%

Watched Threads