Turn on thread page Beta

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    What if it's between a man and a man? Or a woman and a woman?
    You say you want to live in a secular country, but do you want me to even start telling you about the number of developed, secular countries that don't recognise same sex marriages?

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I think she was lashed because she conceived but because she kept it a secret and got married (did I read it correctly?). Other than that, I don't buy the her assaulter was forgiven. Islam (?) doesn't automatically pardon males and punish females.

I'm also amazed her father let them touch his daughter. Goes to show how different things are.

(Original post by ahnaf.c)
    You say you want to live in a secular country, but do you want me to even start telling you about the number of developed, secular countries that don't recognise same sex marriages?

Psssssssssst.......

I know.

Just because a country is secular doesn't mean that it doesn't have it's own set of imbeciles.

AFAIK though no gays are prosecuted for being gay though, which, at least, is a step in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    what hadith is he on about?
    It's a hadith whereby women who purposely withhold sex from their partners are frowned upon by Allah.

Female scholar Ustadha Zaynab Ansari in her online fatwa at sunni path writes:

This hadith is an admonition to women who use sex as a weapon against their husbands. It is not a blanket condemnation of every woman who has ever refused her husband. In fact, Islamic law does give women the right to refuse sexual intercourse when engaging in sexual activity will be detrimental to their well-being. What women must exercise in this regard is compassion, patience, and tact. It is one thing to refuse one's husband every now and then because one is tired. However, it is another altogether to make it a habit. This is what women must guard against. Sex is one of the most fundamental ingredients of a happy marriage, and this is what the hadith was referring to.

Now, in terms of how often a couple should have sex, this is a decision that should be reached mutually. Having sex everyday can be exhausting and it is not unreasonable for you to ask your husband for a little respite. Ustadha Hedaya Hartford, in her work entitled Islamic Marriage: Starting Out on the Right Foot, advises couples to establish a golden mean in their sex life. While recognizing that each spouse has a different libido, couples can successfully negotiate what is an achievable goal for them in terms of sexual activity. If the husband's libido is very high, while the wife's is moderate to low, then that's just a further incentive for the couple to settle on a level of sexual intimacy that is mutually satisfactory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    Sorry, quick clarification, the garden returning bit, does the woman get to keep her property too or no?
    yes of course... when a man divorces a woman in islam he must give her a present (like property, money) if a woman divorces a man she must give up her wedding mehr (bridal gift) like the woman and the garden. equality, right??? but no, since the man has to give the woman the bridal gift and divorce property. oh, men have it so bad in Islam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    This is what I love about proponents of Islam, you take things out of context to justify. Fair enough to do the others but they have more refined methods.
    According to Muslims, God created both men and women. God also created these rules about polygamy.
    Therefore for us both are prescribed by religion.

Speaking of equality. Why don't women play single tennis matches against men? Why don't they play in the EPL? Why don't the women's team play in the original world cup?

Surely that is an inequality, which wasn't prescribed by God.
    It's simple- Because the truth is women and men are different.

ReputationRep:
    According to Muslims, God created both men and women. God also created these rules about polygamy.

Speaking of equality. Why don't women play single tennis matches against men? Why don't they play in the EPL? Why don't the women's team play in the original world cup?

It's simple- Because the truth is women and men are not equal.
    No, women and men are different, but equal.

yes of course... when a man divorces a woman in islam he must give her a present (like property, money) if a woman divorces a man she must give up her wedding mehr (bridal gift) like the woman and the garden. equality, right??? but no, since the man has to give the woman the bridal gift and divorce property. oh, men have it so bad in Islam...

Hmm, interesting, Thanks for explaining

It's simple- Because the truth is women and men are not equal.

Again. I don't care about what it is according to muslims. Objectively does it promote inequality? YES.

As for that second paragraph, why do you think everyone is having a huge go at the Masters cup?

IMO they should be allowed to play in all of those leagues, if they're good enough then it's fair game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avesta)
    No, women and men are different, but equal.
    Yours is a more organised way of saying what i said. let me fix it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    It's a hadith whereby women who purposely withhold sex from their partners are frowned upon by Allah.

Female scholar Ustadha Zaynab Ansari in her online fatwa at sunni path writes:

This hadith is an admonition to women who use sex as a weapon against their husbands. It is not a blanket condemnation of every woman who has ever refused her husband. In fact, Islamic law does give women the right to refuse sexual intercourse when engaging in sexual activity will be detrimental to their well-being. What women must exercise in this regard is compassion, patience, and tact. It is one thing to refuse one's husband every now and then because one is tired. However, it is another altogether to make it a habit. This is what women must guard against. Sex is one of the most fundamental ingredients of a happy marriage, and this is what the hadith was referring to.

Now, in terms of how often a couple should have sex, this is a decision that should be reached mutually. Having sex everyday can be exhausting and it is not unreasonable for you to ask your husband for a little respite. Ustadha Hedaya Hartford, in her work entitled Islamic Marriage: Starting Out on the Right Foot, advises couples to establish a golden mean in their sex life. While recognizing that each spouse has a different libido, couples can successfully negotiate what is an achievable goal for them in terms of sexual activity. If the husband's libido is very high, while the wife's is moderate to low, then that's just a further incentive for the couple to settle on a level of sexual intimacy that is mutually satisfactory.
    Give em these:

O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good (Qu’ran An-nisa 19)

A muslim husband is forbidden to harm or abuse his wife! He has to act kindly towards his wife:

the Prophet directed husbands how they should approach their wifes, He said: “None of you should fall upon his wife like an animal; but let there first be a messenger between you.” The Companions exclaimed, “What is that messenger?” The Prophet replied, “Kisses and (romantic) words!” (Reported by Al-Daylami)

Imam Ibn al-Qayyim (Allah have mercy on him) reports in his famous “Tibb al-Nabawi” that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) forbade from engaging in sexual intercourse before foreplay. (See: al-Tibb al-Nabawi, 183, from Jabir ibn Abd Allah)

I know it sounds wierd posting this on a teen forum but its the truth.

Judaism = Race, therefore genocide.

Islam = Religion, therefore it would be no different to having all communists killed - it's an ideology someone chooses to subscribe to.

Besides that, the comment he made was absurd.

:facepalm:

No.

Judaism = Religion
    Islam = Religion

JEW = race as it is matrilineal yet you can get jews that are not adherents of judaism

ReputationRep:
    ogubj'k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)

IMO they should be allowed to play in all of those leagues, if they're good enough then it's fair game.
    So you do acknowledge that they are not good enough, but should they be good enough, they are entitled to a fair game?

ReputationRep:
    Give em these:

O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good (Qu’ran An-nisa 19)

A muslim husband is forbidden to harm or abuse his wife! He has to act kindly towards his wife:

the Prophet directed husbands how they should approach their wifes, He said: “None of you should fall upon his wife like an animal; but let there first be a messenger between you.” The Companions exclaimed, “What is that messenger?” The Prophet replied, “Kisses and (romantic) words!” (Reported by Al-Daylami)

Imam Ibn al-Qayyim (Allah have mercy on him) reports in his famous “Tibb al-Nabawi” that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) forbade from engaging in sexual intercourse before foreplay. (See: al-Tibb al-Nabawi, 183, from Jabir ibn Abd Allah)

Ameen, if you're interested it goes into further detail here.

http://islamic-answers.com/marital_r...idden_in_islam

ReputationRep:
    Judaism = Race, therefore genocide.

Islam = Religion, therefore it would be no different to having all communists killed - it's an ideology someone chooses to subscribe to.

Besides that, the comment he made was absurd.
    No jews aren't a race. Are you telling me an arab jew, african jew and european are the same race? Thats so absurd. I can convert to judaism, making it firmly a religion.

Give em these:

Sorry to bother you again, but when I don't know I don't know.

What constituted 'open lewdness'?

(Btw guys don't get me wrong I'm just as opposed to christianity as I am to islam.... but since the topic of the thread is islam I figured I'd go with the flow rather than begin bringing up quotes about killing those who work on the sabbath)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Christ on a cross - what's wrong with these people?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-pregnant.html
    LOL.

srsly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Oh go away now, you're getting annoying mathperson :rolleyes:
    Its funny and ironic, you see the people I'm helping (and who are helping me) through depression don't find me annoying (I hope, lol). Its only, as far as I can tell, people like you (muslims and leftys) who find me annoying, because I'll argue as long as it takes to prove my point. Remember when we had a running about quotations from the quran etc etc, and it went on all night. Presumably you didn't like that because normally the person will give up with it won't they, meaning you don't have questions to answer.
    But anyway you are a muslim, so please don't talk to me.

Take care though

So you do acknowledge that they are not good enough, but should they be good enough, they are entitled to a fair game?

No. I never said that.

I said if they are good enough (I.e. I don't know because I'm not a sports buff [except in golf and some others]) they should be allowed to play. No special rules should be given but they should be allowed to play.

No jews aren't a race. Are you telling me an arab jew, african jew and european are the same race? Thats so absurd. I can convert to judaism, making it firmly a religion.

Jews are a race. It's matrilineal.

You can try to convert to judaism but I think you'll find that it's not quite as easy as it sounds and your acceptance amongst orthodox and hassidic jews will be very doubtful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    :facepalm:

No.

Judaism = Religion
    Islam = Religion

JEW = race as it is matrilineal yet you can get jews that are not adherents of judaism
    The Jews in Europe at the time were ethnically Jewish. To be Jewish your mother has to be Jewish. It is a controversial topic, but let me make this clearer, as I do not wish to delve into this discussion right now. You cannot dissociate yourself with your Jewish heritage. By traditional definition, to be a Jew you must have inherited it matrilineally. You can however dissociate yourself with Islam.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.