Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pap_)
    Yes! I shall also add that Islam should not be the main issue of this thread. Human rights shall be instead. They d never do that to the woman in many 'muslim' countries and I also hope that most western muslims obviously dissaprove of such violations of human rights.
    Well I would hope that all muslims would dissaprove of it, but obviously thats not the case.
    Muslims in the west are too busy trying to convince people that it is a conspiracy against them.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be interesting to ask if you asked Muslims their opinion on this! Screwed up stuff like this happens but... gah, I just dunno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    TSR should have a like button, similar to facebook, don't you think? I like this.
    just no are you mad? there are enough annoying things (i.e. people) on tsr, let alone like buttons and statuses and awful apps

ReputationRep:
    Well I would hope that all muslims would dissaprove of it, but obviously thats not the case.
    Muslims in the west are too busy trying to convince people that it is a conspiracy against them.
    So if they're all embarrased by stories like this and try to convince people it's not true - then they clearly do disapprove of it?

ReputationRep:
    Only in f******g Islam :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeker1)
    So if they're all embarrased by stories like this and try to convince people it's not true - then they clearly do disapprove of it?
    Trying to convince someone that something isn't true isn't the same as disapproving of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    stop mixing up religion with culture
    But Surely the (majority) religion of a country defines it culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    It's the culture not the religion you bloody twit.
    As above ... .
    Doesn't it seem strange that counrties with the same religions tend to have the same / similar culture ...

Hmmm Could there possibly be a pattern here ???

Try searching and correlating Gender equality and Islamic Countries - you may then discover this pattern for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    So, after all these pages, have we worked out the real reason she was punished?

The Telegraph article is full of double-meaning and innuendo. It's tabloid-standard journalism.

I expect the punishment was as a result of the family lying that she was a virgin in order to get her married off.

ReputationRep:
    This makes me hope humans become extinct as quick as possible. Gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce92)
    As above ... .
    Doesn't it seem strange that counrties with the same religions tend to have the same / similar culture ...

Hmmm Could there possibly be a pattern here ???

Try searching and correlating Gender equality and Islamic Countries - you may then discover this pattern for yourself.
    No **** idiot. The religion itself is not the cause though. There is little doubt in my mind that these lashings would have taken place, even if it were in a different country, without the existence of religion. For the love of god, do not bloody well suggest that culture can only exist with religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    No **** idiot. The religion itself is not the cause though. There is little doubt in my mind that these lashings would have taken place, even if it were in a different country, without the existence of religion. For the love of god, do not bloody well suggest that culture can only exist with religion.
    Islam STRONGLY encourages the idea that women are far inferior though, and even without the more fundamentalist interpretations that had her punished in this case, it does contribute to this sort of inhuman behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    Yes I do see why, mass ignorance. If you were in charge of the country seeing as I'm eastern european I would probably be shot or deported.

People vote for the BNP because the other parties are too scared to discuss some issues preying on people's minds.

People don't know enough about Islam or immigration (though tbh i would limit it, especially eatern european type) to be able to make informed choices.

The BNP are great at what they do in that they hide their agenda incredibly well and they are generally quite good politicians who manage to convince people.

However having done politics IRL I know what goes on behind the scenes of moderate parties and I can only imgine what happens with the BNP.

I dislike both Islam and Christianity (Judaism I'm undecided on), so if you were in charge of the country it would be no better since then I would simply change my arguments to fit the extreme christian views and revert to the bible [which i know FAR better than the quran, I admit] for quotes on why it's ridiculous.
    Do you know Jewish beliefs are all based on the Old testament? so by hating christianity you must hate Judaism.

(Original post by MJlover)
    Do you know Jewish beliefs are all based on the Old testament? so by hating christianity you must hate Judaism.

Mmmm... to a certain extent yes, but Jews have caused much less damange in the world and been much more liberal with their interpretations.

They got over their angry-rebellious-teenager stage back in the 00's (the original ones).

But yes based purely on dogma i dislike judaism too.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing new here. We know they're retards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    Islam STRONGLY encourages the idea that women are far inferior though, and even without the more fundamentalist interpretations that had her punished in this case, it does contribute to this sort of inhuman behaviour.
    no it doesn't, give me proof that it does.

[Quran 49:13] O mankind, We have created you male and female and have made you nations and tribes so that you would recognize each other. The most honorable among you in the sight of God is the most pious of you. God is All-knowing and All-aware.

The most superior in Islam is thone who practices their religion best.

ReputationRep:
    thats just wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    She won't be having one of those any time soon. But yeah i think she should be given 101 dalmatians instead.
    Wrong but I lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    no it doesn't, give me proof that it does.

[Quran 49:13] O mankind, We have created you male and female and have made you nations and tribes so that you would recognize each other. The most honorable among you in the sight of God is the most pious of you. God is All-knowing and All-aware.

The most superior in Islam is thone who practices their religion best.
    The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:

. . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . (Sayyid Abul A’La Maududi, the Meaning of the Qur’an, vol. 1, p. 165)

The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

Men are managers of the affairs of women because Allah has made the one superior to the other. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 329)

The Quran in Sura 4:11 says:

The share of the male shall be twice that of a female . . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 311) (See Sura 4:176.)

The Quran in Sura 2:282 says:

And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 205).

ReputationRep:
    The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

Men are managers of the affairs of women because Allah has made the one superior to the other. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 329)
    That clear-cut enough MJlover?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.