Turn on thread page Beta

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant. watch

ReputationRep:
    After my last post, I thought I'd take the opportunityt to say this. I've always wanted to say it to a muslim because it is the typical thing that non-muslims are told if they criticise islam:

You have no knowledge of islam, or the quran.

Sorry, personal satisfaction in that

ReputationRep:
    Deuteronomy 22:22
    If a man be found lying with a woman married to a husband, then they shall both of them die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman: so you shall put away the evil from Israel.

Ibn `Abdul-Barr (may Allah bless his soul) said
    The scholars are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (that is, if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her. (Al-Istidhkaar, 7/146).

Ignorance does seem to more widespread when individuals are asked about Islam, none the less, culture differs greatly from faith and religion. The article simply highlights the injustice in the world - as individuals we have full duty to understand and change what we see wrong with the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:

. . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . (Sayyid Abul A’La Maududi, the Meaning of the Qur’an, vol. 1, p. 165)

The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

Men are managers of the affairs of women because Allah has made the one superior to the other. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 329)

The Quran in Sura 4:11 says:

The share of the male shall be twice that of a female . . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 311) (See Sura 4:176.)

The Quran in Sura 2:282 says:

And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 205).
    Shot down in flames.

ReputationRep:
    The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:

. . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . (Sayyid Abul A’La Maududi, the Meaning of the Qur’an, vol. 1, p. 165)

No, this man is probably some saudi wahabi. The most honored and popular scholar in Islam today is Zakir Naik who maintains that the correct translation is that men have a degree of responsibility more than women- which is true, in Islam man is financially legally responsible for elderly parents, family, sometimes young sisters and brothers
    The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

Men are managers of the affairs of women because Allah has made the one superior to the other. Same as above(Maududi, vol. 1, p. 329)

The Quran in Sura 4:11 says:

The share of the male shall be twice that of a female . . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 311) (See Sura 4:176.) Same as above

The Quran in Sura 2:282 says:

And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 205).Yes, this is the 7th century, men where much more articulate in financial matters then women, since this is before university education. Probably changed now, cos of mass education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Shot down in flames.
    well, if his fabricated verses are what you call fair arguement, then i guess I shot dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    well, if his fabricated verses are what you call fair arguement, then i guess I shot dead.
    Yeah this is typical also, sorry but it is. Someone actually does come up with proof (direct quotations, even including page numbers) and suddenly it has all been fabricated. Because of course its all a big conspiracy isn't it, here you go:

http://www.samaritans.org/

ReputationRep:
    After my last post, I thought I'd take the opportunityt to say this. I've always wanted to say it to a muslim because it is the typical thing that non-muslims are told if they criticise islam:

You have no knowledge of islam, or the quran.

Sorry, personal satisfaction in that
    Really, why dont you get off your moral high horse, nazi boy. You know very little other than some lazy google search you just did.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is typical also, sorry but it is. Someone actually does come up with proof (direct quotations, even including page numbers) and suddenly it has all been fabricated. Because of course its all a big conspiracy isn't it, here you go:

http://www.samaritans.org/
    *{And they [the women] have [rights] like [the obligations] they are under with beneficence, and men have a degree of responsibilty above them, and Allah is Ever-Mighty, Ever-Wise}* (Al-Baqarah 2:228).

Why on earth did you send me the samaritans link?

ReputationRep:
    St. Tertullian (about 155 to 225 CE):

"Do you not know that you are each an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the Devil's gateway: You are the unsealer of the forbidden tree: You are the first deserter of the divine law: You are she who persuaded him whom the devil was not valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man. On account of your desert even the Son of God had to die."

Martin Luther (1483 to 1546):

"If they [women] become tired or even die, that does not matter. Let them die in childbirth, that's why they are there." 9

The Prophet of Islam, peace be upon him, said, "Women are the twin halves of men". The Qur'an emphasizes the essential unity of men and women in a most beautiful simile:

Woman as mother commands great respect in Islam. The Noble Qur'an speaks of the rights of the mother in a number of verses. It enjoins Muslims to show respect to their mothers and serve them well even if they are still unbelievers. The Prophet, peace be upon him, states emphatically that the rights of the mother are paramount. Abu Hurairah reported that a man came to the Messenger of God, peace be upon him, and asked: "O Messenger of God, who is the person who has the greatest right on me with regards to kindness and attention?" He replied, "Your mother." "Then who?" He replied, "Your mother." "Then who?" He replied, "Your mother." "Then who?" He replied, "Your father."

ReputationRep:

Ok, none of your 'answers' in any way addressed what the quotations said. Basically I have 4 or 5 quotations saying women have less authority in islam than men and basically you've turned round and said "well the man does pay for the elderly population more than the woman"...:confused: . Obviously what I need is direct quotations from the quran, which I (and others no doubt) will check.

Oh and just to let you know, I have muslims in my family, and they have stopped being muslim because even they say that some of the things that people talk about in mosques etc is unbelievable (and I asked about this point when they last visited. They said that Islam makes men out to be 'stronger' (I don't mean physically, but this is what they said) and more capable, wheras Islam sees a woman as meaningless without a man 'by her side'.

ReputationRep:
    *{And they [the women] have [rights] like [the obligations] they are under with beneficence, and men have a degree of responsibilty above them, and Allah is Ever-Mighty, Ever-Wise}* (Al-Baqarah 2:228).

Why on earth did you send me the samaritans link?
    Well I have been depressed recently and know what it likes, so as a woman if Islam starts making you feel depressed (IF you are muslim, obviously) then I would like to think that you would be able to talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, none of your 'answers' in any way addressed what the quotations said. Basically I have 4 or 5 quotations saying women have less authority in islam than men and basically you've turned round and said "well the man does pay for the elderly population more than the woman"...:confused: . Obviously what I need is direct quotations from the quran, which I (and others no doubt) will check.

Oh and just to let you know, I have muslims in my family, and they have stopped being muslim because even they say that some of the things that people talk about in mosques etc is unbelievable (and I asked about this point when they last visited. They said that Islam makes men out to be 'stronger' (I don't mean physically, but this is what they said) and more capable, wheras Islam sees a woman as meaningless without a man 'by her side'.
    No. thats ********. The rulings I said come from Shariah law. You gave me a meaningless interpretation by a man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_i...ancial_matters

ReputationRep:
    Well I have been depressed recently and know what it likes, so as a woman if Islam starts making you feel depressed (IF you are muslim, obviously) then I would like to think that you would be able to talk about it.
    Islam has never,ever made me depressed or sad. Its my consolance when other (non religious) things in my life go bad.

ReputationRep:
    No. thats ********. The rulings I said come from Shariah law. You gave me a meaningless interpretation by a man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_i...ancial_matters
    Thanks for the link, but it just reinforces what I previously said. We are not just talking about financial matters...you know...

ReputationRep:
    Islam has never,ever made me depressed or sad. Its my consolance when other (non religious) things in my life go bad.
    It is OK to say if it has you know, I'm here to help not punish you (but if it hasn't thats good). I used to put off my problems and hope that they would 'sort themselves out' or 'forget about them', which made it worse in the long run.
    If you do ever want to talk about it (or anything else), then PM me or phone samaritans.

Take Care.

ReputationRep:
    It is OK to say if it has you know, I'm here to help not punish you (but if it hasn't thats good). I used to put off my problems and hope that they would 'sort themselves out' or 'forget about them', which made it worse in the long run.
    If you do ever want to talk about it (or anything else), then PM me or phone samaritans.

Take Care.
    Right... :confused:

wtf was that about

ReputationRep:
    Really, why dont you get off your moral high horse, nazi boy. You know very little other than some lazy google search you just did.
    So your response to criticism is to blast the other person and call them a nazi?
    Stop trivialising the nazis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    So your response to criticism is to blast the other person and call them a nazi?
    Stop trivialising the nazis.
    no he is a nazi. His other posts said he wish hitler would come back and kill all muslims.

ReputationRep:
    no he is a nazi. His other posts said he wish hitler would come back and kill all muslims.
    I said out of rage (which I later appologised for, and took back, which you 'forgot' to mention) that I wished the nazis has dealt with the muslims when they had the opportunity. Anyway I might suggest that Islam is the modern day nazi party.

EDIT -Anyway I noticed that you havn't bothered about getting me those quotations, but are now simply bringing back subjects that have long been forgotten. Are we going to do the typical muslim thing now and dance around the subject now the tables have turned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    No **** idiot. The religion itself is not the cause though. There is little doubt in my mind that these lashings would have taken place, even if it were in a different country, without the existence of religion. For the love of god, do not bloody well suggest that culture can only exist with religion.
    Yes it is though when religion is the cause of culture.

It would never happen here! Or in fact the majority of countries - at least where Islam isn't the CULTURE.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.