Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I said out of rage (which I later appologised for, and took back, which you 'forgot' to mention) that I wished the nazis has dealt with the muslims when they had the opportunity. Anyway I might suggest that Islam is the modern day nazi party.
    Not cool - I wouldn't wish genocide on any group.

(Original post by MJlover)
    no he is a nazi. His other posts said he wish hitler would come back and kill all muslims.
    Missed that bit earlier - fair enough.

I'm opposed to fundamentalist islam, in the same way that I'm opposed to a lot of religion - but I'm more opposed to violence. That said I think that if AQAB and groups of their ilk want to fight the west then we should fight back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce92)
    Yes it is though when religion is the cause of culture.

It would never happen here! Or in fact the majority of countries - at least where Islam isn't the CULTURE.
    no, people keep their culture from pre-islamic days, especially places like pakistan and somalia where forced marriages and female circumcision where practiced when these countries were polytheist and still practiced now. and no, islam does not sanction these things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    Not cool - I wouldn't wish genocide on any group.

Missed that bit earlier - fair enough.

I'm opposed to fundamentalist islam, in the same way that I'm opposed to a lot of religion - but I'm more opposed to violence.
    I absolutely agree, which is why I oppose Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    Islam STRONGLY encourages the idea that women are far inferior though, and even without the more fundamentalist interpretations that had her punished in this case, it does contribute to this sort of inhuman behaviour.
    Bugger off. As if sexism wouldn't exist without religion.

Religion is but the fall guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Bugger off. As if sexism wouldn't exist without religion.

Religion is but the fall guy.
    But if Islam didn't exist, then Islamic-sexism wouldn't, your comment is illogical.

ReputationRep:
    But if Islam didn't exist, then Islamic-sexism wouldn't, your comment is illogical.
    Have you read any of this thread beyond the OP?

Do it.

EDIT: Just noticed your username, and realized you're the person quoting the Qur'an. Brilliant...

ReputationRep:
    I said out of rage (which I later appologised for, and took back, which you 'forgot' to mention) that I wished the nazis has dealt with the muslims when they had the opportunity. Anyway I might suggest that Islam is the modern day nazi party.

EDIT -Anyway I noticed that you havn't bothered about getting me those quotations, but are now simply bringing back subjects that have long been forgotten. Are we going to do the typical muslim thing now and dance around the subject now the tables have turned?
    These are some serious statements you are making (and have made in the past).
    For your own good, I would advise you to stop doing so, because you are unknowingly endangering yourself for no reason at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    These are some serious statements you are making (and have made in the past).
    For your own good, I would advise you to stop doing so, because you are unknowingly endangering yourself for no reason at all.
    I've had this sort of thing said to me before. A person commented on one of my posts saying that she knew me. I asked who it was and she wouldn't say, but she threatened me because of what I said. I asked a mod about this and it turned out she was from australasia, and I found out a few weeks later that she is muslim.

EDIT-If I'm endangering myself as you say, tell me how?

ReputationRep:
    no, people keep their culture from pre-islamic days, especially places like pakistan and somalia where forced marriages and female circumcision where practiced when these countries were polytheist and still practiced now. and no, islam does not sanction these things.
    Yes, I know people who are muslims who are not supressed by Males, or at least to the extent of most.

But most are. Especially in a countries where the majority of religion is Islam

ReputationRep:
    I've had this sort of thing said to me before. A person commented on one of my posts saying that she knew me. I asked who it was and she wouldn't say, but she threatened me because of what I said. I asked a mod about this and it turned out she was from australasia, and I found out a few weeks later that she is muslim.

EDIT-If I'm endangering myself as you say, tell me how?
    If you're indicating what I think you are;

1) I'm at least a few thousand miles away from you.
    2)I didn't say I am the reason you should feel threatened.
    3) What you say has absolutely no importance to me because a random imbecile on TSR regretting that Hitler wasn't able to 'take care of Muslims' cannot and will not bring back Hitler- basically it doesn't make me feel insecured to the slightest degree. Rather I feel that you are the one who should feel insecured, given the potential terrorists roaming around in your country.
    4)Even if i were living next door to you, I wouldn't touch you unless you personally, physically harmed me in anyway.

Lastly, I'll have to ask you to re-read what I wrote. I said, for your own good, I'm asking you to stop. Because not everyone will ignore these blatantly blasphemous statements that you are making. Some, like the guy who attacked the Danish cartoonist, may try to do something similar to you. So its best for you to not express views of such blasphemous nature.

We are open to debate and discussion. Leaving out the possible 'threat' on you for a minute, those statements you make only diminish the credibility of your arguments and doesn't allow me to feel the need to engage in any rational arguments with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    If you're indicating what I think you are;

1) I'm at least a few thousand miles away from you.
    2)I didn't say I am the reason you should feel threatened.
    3) What you say has absolutely no importance to me because a random imbecile on TSR regretting that Hitler wasn't able to 'take care of Muslims' cannot and will not bring back Hitler- basically it doesn't make me feel insecured to the slightest degree. Rather I feel that you are the one who should feel insecured, given the potential terrorists roaming around in your country.
    4)Even if i were living next door to you, I wouldn't touch you unless you personally, physically harmed me in anyway.

Lastly, I'll have to ask you to re-read what I wrote. I said, for your own good, I'm asking you to stop. Because not everyone will ignore these blatantly blasphemous statements that you are making. Some, like the guy who attacked the Danish cartoonist, may try to do something similar to you. So its best for you to not express views of such blasphemous nature.

We are open to debate and discussion. Leaving out the possible 'threat' on you for a minute, those statements you make only diminish the credibility of your arguments and doesn't allow me to feel the need to engage in any rational arguments with you.
    Well written.

I would however like to comment on your points 1-4

What I said about hitler I have taken back, though I do think tougher sentencing need to be done (how many times have I said this now, about the hitler thing).

BOLD: This is why I'm saying these things, because I think that everyone (including ethnic groups) should feel safe and relaxed in this country.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    You still havn't produced the quotes I asked for proving Islam doesn't discriminate against women, even though I prodeced 4/5 quotes saying ti does...

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who doubts the truthfulness of this story? I mean how many times do we hear about women who go and get themselves pregnant illegitimately and then when they don't want to admit it the rape allegations come out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMA)
    Am I the only person who doubts the truthfulness of this story? I mean how many times do we hear about women who go and get themselves pregnant illegitimately and then when they don't want to admit it the rape allegations come out.
    People know she may have lied, but what we are questioning here is the way it was dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    Well written.

I would however like to comment on your points 1-4

What I said about hitler I have taken back, though I do think tougher sentencing need to be done (how many times have I said this now, about the hitler thing).

BOLD: This is why I'm saying these things, because I think that everyone (including ethnic groups) should feel safe and relaxed in this country.
    Good that you have taken it back. I didn't say that you didn't. Neither do I have a problem with you saying things like that. Its a little unpleasant, but life's a *****. lol.
    What I'm saying is that you must envisage that not all people will think twice before doing something. Not everybody is peaceful. A lot of people out there simply act on impulse.Why else do you think Holocaust denial is a criminal offence in certain countries? its a very very sensitive issue for the Jews.Therefore replacing the jews with equally sensitive Muslims is bound to have some negative repercussions So its best not to take that risk. Thats all i wanted to say.

ReputationRep:
    People know she may have lied, but what we are questioning here is the way it was dealt with.
    Well after 101 lashes I doubt she will be making anymore false allegations!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    You still havn't produced the quotes I asked for proving Islam doesn't discriminate against women, even though I prodeced 4/5 quotes saying ti does...
    I hope your concern about women''s rights in Islam is driven by curiousity rather than hate.

If you are genuinely curious please read this and then present any doubts you have regarding anything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Islam

i.e. if you really are willing to know...

ReputationRep:
    well, if his fabricated verses are what you call fair arguement, then i guess I shot dead.
    Huh? What do you mean "fabricated"? Did he just make up those verses?:rolleyes:

They are direct quotes. What's the matter with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Huh? What do you mean "fabricated"? Did he just make up those verses?:rolleyes:

They are direct quotes. What's the matter with you?
    well cutting bits and pieces out of sentences, yes. and getting advice from dodgy wahabis, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Very little to do with religion, everything to do with deep-rooted traditional views and, well, ignorance.
    Yes, I am stating the obvious.

Welcome to Bangladesh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.