Turn on thread page Beta

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    It's in the Telegraph or are you in such a state of denial that anything bad said about Islam is automatically false?
    No poor journalism that's all, and it being a right wing newspaper catering to such rational minds as Douglas Murray, I can only suspect they had a slow news day.

I think we can trust the Telegraph to do its research - there is a press code of conduct in case you weren't aware.
    There isn't really, not when it comes to news stories pertaining to Muslims. Anything that bound to cause outrage, hysteria or what not is going to sell irrelavent to its actual accuracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    Different country. Different culture. Who are we to judge?
    I'm not playing on the relative morality merry-go-round today. It's wrong to flog a woman for getting pregnant as a result of being raped. Period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    If you're not outraged by this sort of thing you must be a lump of wood.
    I'm just desensitised, this is just the kind of thing the uncivilised world gets up to, and even if we went to show them how to conduct themselves everyone would start moaning about 'unjust' wars and 'empires' and the like. Leave them to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    No poor journalism that's all, and it being a right wing newspaper catering to such rational minds as Douglas Murray, I can only suspect they had a slow news day.

There isn't really, not when it comes to news stories pertaining to Muslims. Anything that bound to cause outrage, hysteria or what not is going to sell irrelavent to its actual accuracy.
    Well, to humour you here is a link to the press complains commission http://www.pcc.org.uk/. Why don't you make a complaint? I'm sure your objections are based on fact, rather then an emotional need for denial of what's carried out in your religion's name.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's atrocious, but to be honest I don't buy into these media stories anymore. Hardly are ever checked as credible and most are based on hear say aiming to cash in on the whole let's bash Islam every 8 seconds in the West.
    :rolleyes:

If you're interested in the original report from the Bangeldeshi paper The Daily Star: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=123298

ReputationRep:
    Period.
    She won't be having one of those any time soon. But yeah i think she should be given 101 dalmatians instead.

ReputationRep:
    this is a load of balls, please learn to think for yourselves before believing the lies. Maybe you just want to believe them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    The only thing I can say about that is I'm shocked.
    still?

ReputationRep:

Here's the same story in the Bangladesh News.

http://www.bangladeshnews.net/story/592803

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    :rolleyes:

If you're interested in the original report from the Bangeldeshi paper The Daily Star: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=123298
    That isn't my point, that paper most probably being a tabloid doesn't help either. Some Muslims can be opportunists too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Well, to humour you here is a link to the press complains commission http://www.pcc.org.uk/. Why don't you make a complaint? I'm sure your objections are based on fact, rather then an emotional need for denial of what's carried out in your religion's name.
    No I have better things to do with my life than to complain over a news story, it's not going to change anything anyway so.....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think the idea behind it may be that for a girl to get pregnant she too has to orgasm, which was the view in Europe until fairly recently. That thus means she enjoyed it, which is wrong to them I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    Different country. Different culture. Who are we to judge?
    Human people with this thing called empathy.

(Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    What the ****.

There is no justice.
    Is that a young Richard Dawkins?

ReputationRep:
    No I have better things to do with my life than to complain over a news story, it's not going to change anything anyway so.....
    Couldn't the time you spend on this thread (and many other similar threads) denouncing negative stories about muslims be better spent complaining to the PCC about all these lies?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not playing on the relative morality merry-go-round today. It's wrong to flog a woman for getting pregnant as a result of being raped. Period.
    The country is about 100 years behind the times, give it time...you can't just be all high and mighty about it.

She didn't scream loud enough or didn't successfully fight off the attacker...that sort of mentality existed in the West not very long ago...no?

ReputationRep:
    typical behaviour from barbarian ragheads

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't the time you spend on this thread (and many other similar threads) denouncing negative stories about muslims be better spent complaining to the PCC about all these lies?
    No not really with one article you complain about you have several hundred other newspapers pouncing on another story so again it's a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    The country is about 100 years behind the times, give it time...you can't just be all high and mighty about it.
    100 years behind Roman times?

ReputationRep:
    She needs to consider the consequences of her actions. How irresponsible to become pregnant. Could she not have asked this man to wear protection first?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.