Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    im gonna dance around just like you!
    Because I already said that- "I do not feel the need to answer any questions if you simply outright reject my interpretation (which I have obtained through reading the Quran and not from Islamophobic sites) and assert your supposedly *more authentic and more accurate* translations that have, without a doubt, originated from blatantly Islamophobic sites."

Please leave the quotes with the chapter and verse number if you really want an answer, because I haven't memorised your version of the Quran (thank God!) and if I feel generous tonight, I will surely get back to you.
    I have left quotations, verses and page numbers for you in a previous post...

I'm not asking for your opinion, I want quotes, like I gave you, can you find them....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Lol mate all you post is absolute rubbish tbh. :rolleyes:

Formulate a cogent argument or at least stimulate a continuous thread of discussion and you might get responses which don't 'dance around the subject' which is in your head alone.

Ever heard the phrase: stupid questions deserve stupid answers - you've gotten better than that so far.
    What are you talking about? I've given quotations, verses and page numbers :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I have left quotations, verses and page numbers for you in a previous post...

I'm not asking for your opinion, I want quotes, like I gave you, can you find them....?
    You left quotes for me? How kind of you. But you seemed to have forgotten to quote me during those posts (which didn't happen when you lectured me about dancing around the subject.)
    I didn't say I'll give you my opinion. I'll give you my interpretation and try to correct you if you are wrong. I'm not gonna look through page by page. Please provide me with the links

ReputationRep:
    Please read my post again. I didn't say that the inability to learn Arabic eliminates any possibility of reading/understanding the Quran. I simply meant that its the best possible way, since no translation to this day is 100% accurate. You are most welcome to take the approach you have mentioned.
    Your post began with the sentence "To understand the Quran, you need to learn Arabic first". That means that you cannot understand the Quran without learning Arabic - a view I disagree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Octopus)
    Your post began with the sentence "To understand the Quran, you need to learn Arabic first". That means that you cannot understand the Quran without learning Arabic - a view I disagree with.
    I suggest you get English lessons. I followed that sentence up with "Alternatively...." which means that isn't the only way.

ReputationRep:
    I would request you to read the entire post instead of just reading the first few words of it.

ReputationRep:

I think what he meant was that for people who do not understand arabic have to have the holy Qur'an translated from the arabic dialect to english/their own language. And for this to be possible it requires a person who is vastly experienced in the language of arabic and the destined language it to be translated in.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you get English lessons. I followed that sentence up with "Alternatively...." which means that isn't the only way.
    To do A, you must do B. Alternatively you could do C.

In this context in C is presented as an alternative to A, not to B. A was "understand the Quran". Nonetheless since we are only arguing over grammar it is not really relevant. It suffices to say you were misunderstood.

On to the topic, I think that any belief system which people think tells them to do this kind of act has got a problem. Especially if it claims to be divine.

ReputationRep:

In this context in C is presented as an alternative to A, not to B. A was "understand the Quran". Nonetheless since we are only arguing over grammar it is not really relevant. It suffices to say you were misunderstood.

On to the topic, I think that any belief system which people think tells them to do this kind of act has got a problem. Especially if it claims to be divine.
    Well then you misunderstood me.Although I think you deliberately chose to misread my post

FYI: Islam does not require rape victims to receive lashes. Instead, the rapist receives a death sentence.
    If you'v been following this thread at all, you wouldn't be saying such a thing.
    Just in case you choose to read stuff into my post again, i'll break it down in simpler words- Islam does not condone the actions of the 'religious, village elders' mentioned in the article, rather condemns it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    I think what he meant was that for people who do not understand arabic have to have the holy Qur'an translated from the arabic dialect to english/their own language. And for this to be possible it requires a person who is vastly experienced in the language of arabic and the destined language it to be translated in.
    Thank you for sensibly reading my post

ReputationRep:
    If B is a method that leads to A, and C is prescribed as an alternative to B, why won't C lead to A?

Retarded circumstances call for retarded measures..
    B=A
    But because C is an alternative to B, i.e. B=C
    C=A

ReputationRep:
    Well then you misunderstood me.Although I think you deliberately chose to misread my post

FYI: Islam does not require rape victims to receive lashes. Instead, the rapist receives a death sentence.
    If you'v been following this thread at all, you wouldn't be saying such a thing.
    Just in case you choose to read stuff into my post again, i'll break it down in simpler words- Islam does not condone the actions of the 'religious, village elders' mentioned in the article, rather condemns it.
    I did not choose to misunderstand you at all - I read your post as you had written it - if you meant that it was not necessary to learn Arabic to understand the Quran then you should have said something like "Learning Arabic, or alternatively having it translated is a way of understanding the Quran"

Anyway, the fact remains that the state has allowed these "religious elders" to have some kind of power, when it is clear to me that they should be put in a mental asylum.

ReputationRep:
    I did not choose to misunderstand you at all - I read your post as you had written it - if you meant that it was not necessary to learn Arabic to understand the Quran then you should have said something like "Learning Arabic, or alternatively having it translated is a way of understanding the Quran"

Anyway, the fact remains that the state has allowed these "religious elders" to have some kind of power, when it is clear to me that they should be put in a mental asylum.
    I stand by to what I said. In order to understand the (original) Quran, you need to learn Arabic. But, to understand a translation (of a particular interpretation) you don't.

Your level of ignorance is frankly quite shocking.
    Have you even read the posts in this page, let alone the previous ones?
    Here's one of my previous posts:
    The telegraph article makes it sound as though the incident isn't being investigated and that the 'village elders' are the the utlimate upholders of justice in this country. Their's is the perfect example of how a story should be left incomplete to instigate hate towards Islam.
    Just read the original article:
    http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=123248

and just so that people are able to understand that the rural culture came into play here rather than Islam, here's another recent, similar incident that is being investigated: http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=123518

It is to show how seriously even a suicide is taken in this country and that the peculiarity of the verdict(that is of no legal importance) given by the village mullahs/elders remain simply due to their uncouthness and retardedness that has been there for ages because they have been wholly disconnected from civilised life.

ReputationRep:
    once again to break it down in simpler terms- Those people have been given no authoritative powers by the state. Everyone has simply ignored the fact that the british newspaper or that particular journalist who covered the story left it incomplete (almost intentionally)

I would say some of those people belong to mental asylums and some should be in prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Absolute ignorant imbeciles and the fact that one of you is Pakastani just makes it more disgusting. Don't talk about Islam if you don't have a single clue what your on about. SHARIA LAW?? Give me one source where a raped woman gets flogged. You must have be and idiot to even think such a thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIJBesldo9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq4PF...eature=related

You seem to be denying the blatantly obvious (typical).

You're the idiot, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grim_the_Reaper)

You're the idiot, mate.
    These videos do not prove that the sharee'ah stipulates a woman be punished if she was raped.

The sharee'ah is clear with regards to the ruling on rape. Briefly, the rapist is to be executed if he was married at the time or at minimum he should be given 100 lashes. There is no punishment for the one who is raped.

ReputationRep:

You seem to be denying the blatantly obvious (typical). You're the idiot, mate.
    You just proved me point idiot. You talk about Islam but have absolutely no knowledge on the subject whatsoever. The only people that are more idiotic than you are the damn fools that legalise and carry out those sentences without any Islamic basis. Read below for the actual truth.

(Original post by Ibaad'Allaah)
    These videos do not prove that the sharee'ah stipulates a woman be punished if she was raped.

The sharee'ah is clear with regards to the ruling on rape. Briefly, the rapist is to be executed if he was married at the time or at minimum he should be given 100 lashes. There is no punishment for the one who is raped.
    :congrats: Seem people blatantly follow lies to verify these stereotypes. All we can do is to inform people about these myths.

If a Muslim does X then that doesn't mean thats what Islam sanctions.:facepalm: When will they get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    You just proved me point idiot. You talk about Islam but have absolutely no knowledge on the subject whatsoever. The only people that are more idiotic than you are the damn fools that legalise and carry out those sentences without any Islamic basis. Read below for the actual truth.
    Ah here we go.

Flogging rape victims BY SHARIA COURTS isn't Islamic.

Stoning BY SHARIA COURTS isn't Islamic.

Beheading apostates by SHARIA COURTS isn't Islamic.

Islam isn't Islamic.

ReputationRep:

You're the idiot, mate.
    Im pretty sure he was asking for an Islamic source, i.e. quote/verse from the hadeeth or Quran and not what some mentally challenged Pakis or Saudis do.

ReputationRep:
    Ah here we go.

Flogging rape victims BY SHARIA COURTS isn't Islamic.

Stoning BY SHARIA COURTS isn't Islamic.

Beheading apostates by SHARIA COURTS isn't Islamic.

Islam isn't Islamic.
    What are you talking about?

I gave you the Islaamic view, albeit briefly, regarding cases of rape and their punishment.

Stoning the adulterer is a sharee'ah punishment.

Executing the apostate if he/she fails to repent is a sharee'ah punishment.

It's better to accept you were incorrect in this issue rather than diverting the issue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.