Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    You kinda wasted your time there. I didnt bash Islam, did I. I bashed fundamentalist muslims.

(Although I did like the particular part where Allah forgave the girl for being raped, as if its something to be forgiven - kinda shot itself in the foot there didnt it.)
    he forgave her for lying, dumbass. i think you just hate islam too much -- kind of like the other end of the spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Hadith. Blah blah the hadith may not be genuine so you have to go by the Qur'an, yeah, but the hadith are quite clearly considered genuine by an awful lot of Muslims so basically they are part of Islam.
    Anything that contradicts the Quran cannot be considered valid. It's very much simple. Besides, the Quran is explicit in this regard

O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good (Qu’ran An-nisa 19)

Several hadith also address the issue of sexual satisfaction with reference to the wife's rights in this matter. The Prophet advised Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-As (who spent all day fasting and all night in prayer) to fast sometimes and not at other times; to pray at night and to sleep at night.

"Your body has a right over you, your eyes have a right over you and your wife has a right over you." (Bukhari, Vol.7, No. 127) The wife's rights include a right to companionship from her husband and fulfillment of her sexual needs

I don't support that law in Afghanistan but you'd have to be pretty moronic to superimpose it over Islam. I could aswel have done the same with the Jim Crow laws...

(Original post by ahnaf.c)
    If I look at this in the context of Bangladesh, the involvement of religion/religious people/fatwas is EXTREMELY rare in such incidents. Most of the time its about having contacts, i.e. links with politicians.

These village elders are not only uncouth, deranged Islamic freaks, they are wholly disconnected from civilised life. This is not to defend them though. The article doesn't even tell the entire story. I am 100% confident that if this is investigated further, it would show that the rapists had some links with the village 'elders.'

and the article makes it sound as though the village elders are the law enforcers. they are not. The police haven't gotten involved in it yet (not that they have much credibility, but still more than these elders)

And, you do realise that often victims of rape are reluctant to report it to the police fearing that society woud look down upon them?

Yes, I realize.

Regardless, without (most) religion(s) (which for has sanctioned rape for hundreds upon hundreds of years [see: spousal rape]) the world would be a better place.

ReputationRep:
    CAN WE HAVE NO racism please.

(Original post by Diaz89)
    Anything that contradicts the Quran cannot be considered valid. It's very much simple. Besides, the Quran is explicit in this regard

O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good (Qu’ran An-nisa 19)

Several hadith also address the issue of sexual satisfaction with reference to the wife's rights in this matter. The Prophet advised Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-As (who spent all day fasting and all night in prayer) to fast sometimes and not at other times; to pray at night and to sleep at night.

"Your body has a right over you, your eyes have a right over you and your wife has a right over you." (Bukhari, Vol.7, No. 127) The wife's rights include a right to companionship from her husband and fulfillment of her sexual needs

I don't support that law in Afghanistan but you'd have to be pretty moronic to superimpose it over Islam. I could aswel have done the same with the Jim Crow laws...
    the quran contradicts the quran.

ReputationRep:
    definene of the ******** cultures on Earth.

ReputationRep:
    Poor woman.

(Original post by paki4lyf786)
    CAN WE HAVE NO racism please.
    there hasnt been any racism has there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil112)
    damnn dats ****** atleast in afghanistan they give justicee
    Afghanistan under which administration?

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's important to note that primitive culture affects the law in those regions mostly. I know from personal experience how much culture can deviate from religion to the point where people are doing things that they think is religious but is classed as completely forbidden in the actual religion. These elders who issued the 'fatwa' are probably more undereducated in actual islam then an average muslim kid in the uk.

Don't blame islam because islam isn't unjust too this extent (that's not to say I think islam is perfect). Blame the people or the government because they failed to provide the justice. That's just my view on it anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    Someone gives you a link to a British paper: your response: it's not worthy. I give you the link to the original Bangladeshi paper: it's a tabloid. I tell you it's not: you say it's too "exorbitant."
    That's an oversimplification but as I stated, these stories are too exorbitant (i'm glad you learned a new word today) to be believable.

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan under which administration?
    the taliban wer quite gd at bringing down crimes like this and um current goverment there have been improvements but not on a large scale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    the quran contradicts the quran.
    :tumble:

ReputationRep:

So you do think it's a coincidence that an Islamic country would make spousal rape legal? I'm not saying Islam specifically states it, I'm saying it's CLEARLY inspired by those hadith.

ReputationRep:
    That's an oversimplification but as I stated, these stories are too exorbitant (i'm glad you learned a new word today) to be believable.
    If you had quoted the last thing I said you wouldn't be repeating that logically flawed argument. So I'll repeat it:

Someone gives you a link to a British paper: your response: it's not worthy. I give you the link to the original Bangladeshi paper: it's a tabloid. I tell you it's not: you say it's too "exorbitant." Just wow, because it's so unreasonable, it must be false. Lets ignore that it's happened before in other countries, you're logic is just.. stellar :rolleyes:

And yes the word "exorbitant" is completely new to me - is that really how low you're sinking? For the record, it's not new to me.

ReputationRep:
    x
    So, you've basically just admitted that everything in the Hadith cannot be considered valid? As it contradicts the Qur'an in this instance, right?

ReputationRep:
    :/ This makes me really sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil112)
    the taliban wer quite gd at bringing down crimes like this
    While at the same time raping and treating women like ****.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's atrocious, but to be honest I don't buy into these media stories anymore. Hardly are ever checked as credible and most are based on hear say aiming to cash in on the whole let's bash Islam every 8 seconds in the West.
    I agree, but the majority of stories have an element of truth to them
    Many religions have some absolutely ridiculous rules etc but Islam seems to have more than most

ReputationRep:
    While at the same time raping and treating women like ****.
    they did treat them like **** mabey but they did not rape i believe

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.