Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    To all the people so eager to criticize Islam, give me one way this is connected to my religion? Not even the imbeciles on TSR can say that Islam in anyway allows such acts of atrocities. Quite appalling that everything that happens in a so called Islamic country is automatically blamed on Islam.

Stories like these sell because that's what people want to read, same with all the Brangalina b*******. Neither story can be deemed newsworthy.
    Finally, someone who speaks the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce92)
    Islam
    Lashes are only onto those who were married, doesn't mention anything as such in the article, whatever happen to her people are to Blame.

There even is a haidth on how a prophet dealth with a women dealing with adultery, and how time after time he was reluctant over giving her the punishment, but she was eager after pregnancy she came to him, he told her to look after the child, later on she herself comes to the prophet , This shows what Islam is meant to be.Next time check on what the religion says not what people do.

Sad.

ReputationRep:
    How do the hell do they try and justify that?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madima)
    he forgave her for lying, dumbass. i think you just hate islam too much -- kind of like the other end of the spectrum.
    I hate fundamental muslims, I hate fundamental christians, I hate fundamental everybody.

I'll start to like Islam a little more when muslims stop rioting, killing, threatening, bombing and doing **** like this in the name of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi im a muslim and i find it horrible!!!

.... Just thought id say that

i find it a twistwed version of religion in this case islam being used to suppress a populace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madima)
    ok, tough guy. imagine bangladesh was a buddhist country or something, and that exact scenario happened. are you telling me the same thing would happen?

man, some people...
    Stop side stepping the issue and tell me what it has to do with Islam and please add a reliable source. From all I know, such incidents happen a lot in Bangladesh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    So you do think it's a coincidence that an Islamic country would make spousal rape legal?
    Different societies have different outlooks, it may seem as a coincidence but I don't buy it. I was watching a documentary a while back on the after effects of raped women in the Congo. The men there believed the women deserved to be raped because they were essentially begging for it as they're scantily clad. I agree with you that there are several issues that must be addressed with regards to women in Islamic countries, I wholly subscribe for the death penalty for rapists and I abhor anytime a women is blamed for it. You also have to take into consideration the different sects at play here in this case, Shia Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    typical behaviour from barbarian ragheads
    Why do you have to be so friggin racist!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Different societies have different outlooks, it may seem as a coincidence but I don't buy it. I was watching a documentary a while back on the after effects of raped women in the Congo. The men there believed the women deserved to be raped because they were essentially begging for it as they're scantily clad. I agree with you that there are several issues that must be addressed with regards to women in Islamic countries, I wholly subscribe for the death penalty for rapists and I abhor anytime a women blamed for it. You also have to take into consideration the different sects at play here in this case, Shia Muslims.
    So do those hadith have anything to do with it or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    I hate fundamental muslims, I hate fundamental christians, I hate fundamental everybody.

I'll start to like Islam a little more when muslims stop rioting, killing, threatening, bombing and doing **** like this in the name of it.
    100% Agree with you , for all the negative stereotype islam got(which has nothing to do with it), its the People to Blame who do such acts in the way OF ISLAM, ALLAH HU AKBAR and so on. <_<... Come on

ReputationRep:
    What hadith?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    Yes, I realize.

Regardless, without (most) religion(s) (which for has sanctioned rape for hundreds upon hundreds of years [see: spousal rape]) the world would be a better place.
    An unreasonable inference with insufficient evidence, or no evidence to be precise.

Lets say now you shower me with the number of 'Islamic acts of terror.'
    There is no reason to believe that had religion not existed, those people would not have committed the acts that they did commit.

But, certainly, you are entitled to your opinion that the world would be a better place without any religions.

*Although the world is dominated by people of different religions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    So, you've basically just admitted that everything in the Hadith cannot be considered valid? As it contradicts the Qur'an in this instance, right?
    Show where I said that, actually scratch that, please stop quoting me, your ignorance gives me a headache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    you're right.....sharia law would never cause anything like that. i apologise.

^read with sarcasm.
    3rd time I had to post this to small minded TSR members too self-interested in their false arguement to research the truth.

Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr:

"When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her.

She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her.

He (the Prophet) said to the woman: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you (for accusing the wrong person). And about the man who had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death.

(Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4366)"

ReputationRep:
    They have no scriptural basis so no, especially when they're explicitly contradicted the Quran. When a jurist makes a law, he has to look at the Quran first and then the hadith. There is no personal interpretation in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    They have no scriptural basis so no, especially when they're explicitly contradicted the Quran. When a jurist makes a law, he has to look at the Quran first and then the hadith. There is no personal interpretation in Islam.
    What I mean is: is it a coincidence that these hadith are in existence and this law is in existence? Or could one have resulted in the other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    What hadith?
    Read back in the thread.

(Original post by HDS)
    My issue is everyone is quick to doubt the veracity of the story but nobody bothers saying that the so called elders are ******* imbeciles because of what they did and should be lashed themselves.
    If you paid attention, someone already did put their opinions forward, saying that the elders were imbeciles. But I think many of you were too busy dissing him instead of reading his post properly.

(Original post by Sakujo)
    I'm begining to dislike TSR, I think I'm gonna stay out of GD for now.
    tsr is famous for this kind of **** :rolleyes:

(Original post by Cravez)
    the sharia courts of bangladesh have been notified - they will sort out the matter, hopefuly the death sentence to the rapist and the idiots that issued the fatwa

bangladesh newspaper report:

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=123298
    That's good to hear... hopefully they will get their act together and justice will be done... this is so sad.

(Original post by ahnaf.c)
    An unreasonable inference with insufficient evidence, or no evidence to be precise.

Lets say now you shower me with the number of 'Islamic acts of terror.'
    There is no reason to believe that had religion not existed, those people would not have committed the acts that they did commit.

But, certainly, you are entitled to your opinion that the world would be a better place without any religions.

*Although the world is dominated by people of different religions.

Yes there is.

The religions I'm referring to are all patriarchal and as such make men think they are better than women and give them a sense of entitlement leading to a far wide proliferation of rape due to the view (by such uncivilized *****) that males are superior.

You think I care specifically about Islam - I don't. I dislike it more than I dislike christianity only because it has already been through these issues already (see: Torquemada, Puritans, Salem....). Big picture wise however I find that both are absurd.

Judaism from what I've seen is fairly respectful (yet it too has niggling issues) in comparison with the two new ones.

So yes, there is reason to believe that without religion and this asinine patriarchal system this may not have happened (never mind the advances society would have made with the extra few hundred years of development we could have had).

ReputationRep:
    Islamic jurisprudence :rolleyes:

The day Sharia law is consigned to the dustbin of history will be a great day for the Middle East/South Asia.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.