Turn on thread page Beta

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant. watch

ReputationRep:
    Blaise Pascal comes to mind...

ReputationRep:
    Blaming this on Islam is simplifying the situation no end and will do nothing to solve the problem.

(Original post by SomeStudent)
    If you paid attention, someone already did put their opinions forward, saying that the elders were imbeciles. But I think many of you were too busy dissing him instead of reading his post properly.

hmm...

You're right. I conceed that my agenda against religion took the better of me and I focused on what I wanted to read.

Sorry.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    After reading the responses all I can say is you guys are media brainwashed puppets without the ability to think or reason, the story reported is not definitely true, only a partial truth.

The fact is women, if they have relations before marriage, will claim rape so they are not suspected of fornication.

Also these events are so rare in Muslim countries that when something like this happens, it is way blown out of proportion by western media to give the impression that this happens all the time, even though rape is so common in western countries they make it look like it is common in Muslim countries. The media is a joke and its obvious were its loyalties lie.

After all, humans are humans, nobody would punish a rapist, its just that the pathetic western media survives on outrageous titles and articles which attract attention, even if it is a lie (partial truth = lie). This is what happens when money becomes more important than morales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    Yes there is.

The religions I'm referring to are all patriarchal and as such make men think they are better than women and give them a sense of entitlement leading to a far wide proliferation of rape due to the view (by such uncivilized *****) that males are superior.

You think I care specifically about Islam - I don't. I dislike it more than I dislike christianity only because it has already been through these issues already (see: Torquemada, Puritans, Salem....). Big picture wise however I find that both are absurd.

Judaism from what I've seen is fairly respectful (yet it too has niggling issues) in comparison with the two new ones.

So yes, there is reason to believe that without religion and this asinine patriarchal system this may not have happened (never mind the advances society would have made with the extra few hundred years of development we could have had).
    Wikipedia may not be the best source, but thankfully it has provided genuine references... so i'd advise you to read this up, but since you don't care about Islam, I guess you'll hold onto your anti-Islamic views and not read it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Islam
    ALthough reading it would help you realise that it wasn't religion, rather the culture of the West and the British dominance that held back the rights of women.
    Women are not superior to men in Islam. Women have certain duties towards their husbands, just how men do towards their wives. Simply by looking at what duties the women have, you may feel that there isn't gender equality, but that doesn't speak for the overwhelming majority of Muslims, their application of Islam in their lives AND neither does it speak for Islam alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnorton8)
    man what a whore...getting pregnant like that
    well I guess they showed her. that'll teach her to get pregnant whenevr she wants to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Blaming this on Islam is simplifying the situation no end and will do nothing to solve the problem.
    To be fair - I'd like to hear your take on why this behaviour not only occurs across many Islamic countries encompassing a wide range of cultures, all the way from South East Asia to the shores of the Atlantic in Africa; but occurs disproportionately in Islamic countries compared to the rest of the third world?

If it's nothing to do with Islam, why is it constantly happening in Islamic regions?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously,what the ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    He forgave her for the mistake of accusing the wrong person (rape entails death penalty). Later, the right person came forward, if you had read it.
    Oh I see. Well thats good. I'm assuming that is from the Qu'ran. Its a shame the Afghan Sharia courts dont appear to agree. Or indeed, the muslims mentioned in original article.

ReputationRep:
    This is the news article - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-pregnant.html

This is the thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1163324

After reading the responses all I can say is most of you guys are media brainwashed puppets without the ability to think or reason, the story reported is not definitely true, only a partial truth. Some of you are thinking along these lines "OMG the news article said she was raped therefore she must be innocent!", she is most likely a fornicator and in those countries, the law is fornicators are punished.

The fact is most women who have relations before marriage will claim rape so they are not suspected of fornication.

Also these events are so rare in Muslim countries that when something like this happens, it is way blown out of proportion by western media to give the impression that this happens all the time, even though rape is so common in western countries they make it look like it is common in Muslim countries. The media is a joke and its obvious were its loyalties lie.

After all, humans are humans, nobody would punish a rape victim, its just that the pathetic western media survives on outrageous titles and articles which attract attention, even if it is a lie (partial truth = lie). This is what happens when money becomes more important than morales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    ALthough reading it would help you realise that it wasn't religion, rather the culture of the West and the British dominance that held back the rights of women.
    So it's the fault of the British that village elders lash a women for being raped, in a country we haven't been in, in over half a century?

Just glad we sorted that one out. We're currently arranging some compensation for Rome because of Boadicea's rebellion, but when we can - we'll come to Bangladesh and take responsibility for the local savages. It's quite clear nobody else in the world is capable of taking responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce92)
    Islam
    stop mixing up religion with culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9a3iqa)
    After reading the responses all I can say is you guys are media brainwashed puppets without the ability to think or reason, the story reported is not definitely true, only a partial truth.

The fact is women, if they have relations before marriage, will claim rape so they are not suspected of fornication.
    Fornication? So, having sex? Why, what happens to them if they are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9a3iqa)
    Oh, it's all the womans fault then :rolleyes:

Who gives a **** if they have relations before marriage, Islam is backwards and barbaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    To be fair - I'd like to hear your take on why this behaviour not only occurs across many Islamic countries encompassing a wide range of cultures, all the way from South East Asia to the shores of the Atlantic in Africa; but occurs disproportionately in Islamic countries compared to the rest of the third world?

If it's nothing to do with Islam, why is it constantly happening in Islamic regions?
    One has to distinguish between the teachings of the quran, and the essential state that the Muslim world is in their development as nations. Religion has been the essential catalyst for cause and change throughout europe for the last 2000 years and only recently has it's affect on the morality and indeed laws of the nation decreased. The Muslim world is 600 years behind the West and needs time to develop and adopt secular values, [trying to force them to hurry up is an idea but one that needs careful manipulation].

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-pregnant.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avesta)
    Oh, it's all the womans fault then

Who gives a **** if they have relations before marriage, Islam is backwards and barbaric.
    Nice username :yy:

And QFT.

ReputationRep:
    wowwwwwwww just wow really?

ReputationRep:
    An interesting opinion..

(Original post by 35mm_)
    Oh God, the resident islamist has already arrived with the whole 'it's fake, the West are persecuting us again!!'. Moron.
    Wait till algerie_mon_amour comes in. It's alll a big conspiracy! lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.