Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it me or is new look have very odd sizes.
    i am normaly a trouser size 8 but i find my self looking at size 6's in there ( and half there trousers dont even come in a size 6).i thought i would have a size 8 as i have jeans from there in an 8 and the size 8 trousers were huge on me.

anyone else have this problem in new look or any other shop?

ReputationRep:
    I don't tend to buy trousers from New Look, only tops, dresses, cardis - and they fit fine size-wise. Obvious culprits for wrong sizing are H&M (too small), M&S (too big sometimes, but not always) and Primark (hit and miss). I find that for jeans, Next is perfect sizing. When they say 12 regular, it is what it says it is!

ReputationRep:
    i find new look sizes change so much even just between 2 tops/pairs of trousers. it gets really annoying when you cba to try things on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    I don't tend to buy trousers from New Look, only tops, dresses, cardis - and they fit fine size-wise. Obvious culprits for wrong sizing are H&M (too small), M&S (too big sometimes, but not always) and Primark (hit and miss). I find that for jeans, Next is perfect sizing. When they say 12 regular, it is what it says it is!
    12... you need to get on a diet love. Anything about 8/10 is too much.

ReputationRep:
    Next? :/

I prefer Gap, Uniqlo, Levi's or G star.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexyguy)
    Shut up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 6 in H&M and New Look but fitted tops are still big on me, oh well... serves me right for being flatchested... I find Next is quite big on me, I guess that's cos it's for a slightly older target market.
    I would also recommend Uniqlo, their flannel checked shirts are reeeeally comfy MASSIVE trousers, mind...
    xk

ReputationRep:
    New look sizing is rubbish.
    everything is far too big.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: you're not exactly adonis are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    is it me or is new look have very odd sizes.
    i am normaly a trouser size 8 but i find my self looking at size 6's in there ( and half there trousers dont even come in a size 6).i thought i would have a size 8 as i have jeans from there in an 8 and the size 8 trousers were huge on me.

anyone else have this problem in new look or any other shop?

i have to get the size down from what i would normally get when i shop at new look! figured that one out when i brought two pairs of jeans and after one wash they were huge on me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    :lolwut: your not exactly adonis are you?
    in your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    coming from an orange tanned ginger chipmunk look alike..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    coming from an orange tanned ginger chipmunk look alike..
    Coming from someone who's head is turned away... I'll take that as a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    in your opinion.
    & mine.

H&M sizes are the WORST. i don't buy trousers in new look generally so i don't really know, i just know H&M suckk. Primark are pretty crappy too, everything has to be tried on in there the sizes are crazy.

ReputationRep:
    says the orange monster stuffing a biscuit down his gob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    says the orange monster stuffing a biscuit down his gob.
    Whats wrong with orange? Or as it is known more commonly having a tan?

ReputationRep:
    You need to shut the **** up son.

ReputationRep:
    I dont buy trousers/jeans from new look so I wouldnt know. But tops and dresses seem fine size wise

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone who's head is turned away... I'll take that as a compliment.
    I wouldn't :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    New Look is pretty OK for me :dontknow:

H&M is shocking for sizing though! I'm an 8/10 at all other shops, and have had to go up to a 12 for some trousers / skirts in H&M :shifty: makes me feel fat hahaaa

I have the opposite problem in M&S though - quite often an 8 is too big, and they do hardly any 6's! Plus, I only go there with my Mum, and then she always nags me that I need to eat more and I'm like "shuttuppp Mum - it's the SIZING not ME"

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.