Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can I apply for the Part III at Cambridge if:
    1. I have completed a Masters (MSc) in Mathematics at another university, in addition to a completion of a standard 3 year BSc Mathematics degree.
    2. I have completed a graduate diploma in Mathematics, in addition to a completion of a standard 3 year BSc Mathematics degree.
    3. I have completed a 4 year MMath degree course at another university.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I don't know why you'd apply for Part III if you already have an MMath or MSc... I mean, as of the next academic year, Part III will be an MMath (rather than CASM as it is now).

ReputationRep:
    Actually, students coming in from outside Cambridge get a MASt (Master of Advanced Study) degree in Mathematics.

Source: http://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/postgrad/mathiii/

ReputationRep:
    Just a question to jump in here: I know a large proportion of students doing Part III come from other universities (or is this incorrect itself), but do all/most of these come from having done a BSc Mathematics then? And what kind of students/ where do they normally come from? Are they all generally other 'top' mathematics universities, i.e. Oxford, Warwick, Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    *Bump*

Erm, yea maybe after my MMath i just thought maybe i could go to cambridge to do the part III cause there might be some stuff that arent taught at my uni//because its prestigious and a very good rigurous course.

Does anyone know if i can apply after a masters in maths or MMath etc.?

Most appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you just not do the MMath, just do the 3 years then apply?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.