The Student Room Group

Part III at Cambridge

Can I apply for the Part III at Cambridge if:
1. I have completed a Masters (MSc) in Mathematics at another university, in addition to a completion of a standard 3 year BSc Mathematics degree.
2. I have completed a graduate diploma in Mathematics, in addition to a completion of a standard 3 year BSc Mathematics degree.
3. I have completed a 4 year MMath degree course at another university.
Reply 1
I don't know why you'd apply for Part III if you already have an MMath or MSc... I mean, as of the next academic year, Part III will be an MMath (rather than CASM as it is now).
Reply 2
Actually, students coming in from outside Cambridge get a MASt (Master of Advanced Study) degree in Mathematics.

Source: http://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/postgrad/mathiii/
Reply 3
Just a question to jump in here: I know a large proportion of students doing Part III come from other universities (or is this incorrect itself), but do all/most of these come from having done a BSc Mathematics then? And what kind of students/ where do they normally come from? Are they all generally other 'top' mathematics universities, i.e. Oxford, Warwick, Imperial?
Reply 4
*Bump*

Erm, yea maybe after my MMath i just thought maybe i could go to cambridge to do the part III cause there might be some stuff that arent taught at my uni//because its prestigious and a very good rigurous course.

Does anyone know if i can apply after a masters in maths or MMath etc.?

Most appreciated!
Reply 5
Why dont you just not do the MMath, just do the 3 years then apply?

Latest