Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lily Lolo mineral makeup - any opinions? watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried any of their products? I've never tried mineral makeup before and quite fancy giving it a go. If you've had any experiences with this brand, I'd like to know what you thought? E.g. did you like it, did you find the foundation dried out your skin at all, does the under-eye concealer cover up dark circles as well as a cream concealer, does the powder eyeshadow go on easily or does it just make a mess, how did you go about choosing a blush colour? Or just any general experiences/opinions really! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, there's no law for make-up companies to state how much of the make-up is mineral content, nor is there a minimum mineral content. So you're not necessarily getting what you're paying for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    the under eye concealer is amazing if applied correctly. i mixed it with moisturiser first.
    my skin is very oily so the foundation went on really well and didnt look cakey. but even with the finishing powder, it had to be reapplied and once i started to reapply the cakeyness began to show through.

the best thing to do, would be to buy the sample sized pots and test them. theyre really sheap and you wont end up blowing a stupid amount of money if you dont like them. i personally decided not to buy the full sized proucts after using the testers.
    Thanks, Hoovan, that was helpful. Glad the under-eye concealer sounds promising, I wasn't sure how good a powder one would be. Probably will give the foundation a go as well - but I will def get the samples to try it out first.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.