Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years. we rarely used to argue and as cliche as it sounds he's my best friend aswell.
    Problem is recently ive been dead stressed and snappy for no reason and its really taking its toll on our relationship.
    Ive tried loads of techniques for stress relief and nothings working but he's on the edge of splitting with me and something needs to be done
    please help.
    x

ReputationRep:
    There must be some reason for the stress, even if it's a small niggling thing.

Find that and you might start to feel a little better; without finding it you can't solve it, and the problem will just remain. It could be anything from poor diet to lack of sleep :dontknow:

For general stress relief though, I find that listening to some relaxed music whilst having a big cup of tea is always a win. Especially if you turn off the phone and laptop so you can spend an hour or so just listening to music/reading/napping. On the subject of napping, you could be a little sleep-deprived or something along those lines - try getting more sleep and things may improve.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    i do try to take time for myself but as daft as it sounds i end up getting in my head too much and worrying :/
    its an endless cycle!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Just have some you time, away from the boyfriend it will help you destress!

ReputationRep:
    have an enema

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to do with the pill or anything hormonal like that?

ReputationRep:
    no, nowt like tht. x

Write your thoughts on a piece of paper or type it up. Write the positive stuff and the negative... and hopefully you'll find the cause of your stress this way. I know it's bit daft, but it works :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.