Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Be brutal! What about this skirt? watch

• View Poll Results: Yes or no, should I get the skirt?
    No way Jose Mourinho!
    45.39%
    Do it chewit!
    54.61%

ReputationRep:
    Hello fashion kids,

On Saturday I tried this skirt and I can't stop thinking about it :love:
    BUT what could I wear with it apart from a white vest top? I wouldn't wear the grey top I tried it on with! If anybody can suggest any other options of what to wear, I would be so grateful for the excuse to buy it haha!

OR alternatively, does it just look ridiculous, weird and just plain old strange - my mum thinks it looks like an apron :/.

So, knock yourselves out! Don't worry, this link is safe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4654896...7623158682347/

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Im not a fan, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I like it . Might look ok with a black vest top too?. And you could wear it with blue/white/black flats. Or maybe boots/heels?!

Then you could maybe get a cardi the same bluey colour

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a huge fan tbh, if i'm being brutally honest...
    Maybe its just not my thing

With a white vest top it would look good...
    Maybe a little blck waistcoat as well...?

x

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the fabric you get on the top of home made jars of jam, if I knew you and saw you wearing it I would probably make some kind of tenuous period joke regarding this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it - it looks like my infant and junior school uniform

ReputationRep:
    From a guys perspective, I like it, for the summer. I would compliment my girlfriend if she wore it

ReputationRep:
    I dont like it, too school like

ReputationRep:
    Me likey :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the replies everyone, I definitely needed a bit of perspective

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely like it! And looking at your profile picture (sorry, staaaaaaaaalk) I think that it'd suit you!

ReputationRep:
    red? maybe?

ReputationRep:
    HIDEOUS. I think the best thing is to PM you my address so you can post it and I'll get rid of it for you because I'm kind

In all seriousness I want ittttt. Wear whatever you want as long as it's relatively tight and tucked in, the point with those sorts of bright things is to mix and match colours and prints so that you look like a fashion rebel, not just an understudy Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. I have a cream shift dress with big brown polkadots that I would wear tucked in with my big angular military jacket and red scuffed MJs, but my style does tend to polarise people.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't... but if I had too then I'd be mega tempted for a white/black vest top.

ReputationRep:
    You know those dresses the girls sometimes wear in primary school?........

Edit: Somebody beat me to it.

Also, I think it is actually quite cool, would look good in summer if you had some vest top and was wearing sunglasses sitting in a Park enjoying the sun. Otherwise probably not so much
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    From a male perspective - I would be pleased if a girl wore that for me in the summer

ReputationRep:
    I like it, you shall wear it!

ReputationRep:
    Your mum was right in saying it looks like an apron!.....sorry i'm not a fan of it, but if you really like it and do want to wear it a white top is all that would match..........

ReputationRep:
    Its awful! You look like a walking picnic and its faaaar too high waisted

ReputationRep:
    Pretty nice

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.