Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Be brutal! What about this skirt? Watch

• View Poll Results: Yes or no, should I get the skirt?
    No way Jose Mourinho!
    45.39%
    Do it chewit!
    54.61%

I love it and I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    get it, totally cute in the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Hello fashion kids,

On Saturday I tried this skirt and I can't stop thinking about it :love:
    BUT what could I wear with it apart from a white vest top? I wouldn't wear the grey top I tried it on with! If anybody can suggest any other options of what to wear, I would be so grateful for the excuse to buy it haha!

OR alternatively, does it just look ridiculous, weird and just plain old strange - my mum thinks it looks like an apron :/.

So, knock yourselves out! Don't worry, this link is safe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4654896...7623158682347/
    I like it, its cute and summery, you could wear it with a white vest and white or blue pumps

I think it looks nice and with what your wearing it with it works, the only thing that puts me off is the fact that it looks a little Dorothy, Wizard of Oz, but if that's your style go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but this skirt looks just silly tbh

ReputationRep:
    i like it! it is a bit chef-ish but it a nice way! just go mad and wear it with like red

ReputationRep:

:/

ReputationRep:
    Too short; you look like a whore.

ReputationRep:
    yep alice and wonderland dress/ dorothy :P

ReputationRep:
    I think its really cute, I'd wear it with white tights but I'm not sure what sort of top would go with it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wouldn't wear it (it just wouldn't suit me), but it looks cute on you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by geetar)
    Personally, I think it looks like a tablecloth.

But if you like it, it doesn't really matter what I think :yep:
    :ditto: this

Not really sure what you could wear with it...but I'd avoid colourful shoes just cos you might look a bit panto, maybe really plain white heels and a white vest top?

ReputationRep:
    It looks sh**

ReputationRep:
    I like it but I'm unsure as to what I would wear with it.

ReputationRep:
    looks like you should be only using that to blow your nose, or wipe ketchup off the table..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)

In all seriousness I want ittttt. Wear whatever you want as long as it's relatively tight and tucked in, the point with those sorts of bright things is to mix and match colours and prints so that you look like a fashion rebel, not just an understudy Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. I have a cream shift dress with big brown polkadots that I would wear tucked in with my big angular military jacket and red scuffed MJs, but my style does tend to polarise people.
    I actually agree with this. It's one of those items that looks like it needs to clash for it to work. Don't wear it with a plain top like the girl in the photo otherwise it will look ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I really think it doesn't go with that whole grey top, black tight/legging combination, white vest, of course, but I'm not sure what else.

Maybe different shades of blue? wearing different shades of blue always goes down a treat.

ReputationRep:
    I really like it, but I would defo say summer skirt, not for this season!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cute .

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, gingham.
    I friggin' love gingham. Do it. :ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.