Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sharing a room and masturbation etiquette watch

(Original post by Starless Eyes)
    24 hours in a day
    We go to school together and come home at the same time so not really.

ReputationRep:
    i love how half the people on this thread are leaning towards '**** it why not!!' and the other half are like 'you incestuous prick...'

yeah personally i'm with the latter, it's a bit weird.

I did it once :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost positive you wont get turned on when your sister is lying there snoring...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We go to school together and come home at the same time so not really.
    Lock on the bathroom..?

ReputationRep:
    These are the times I wish I was a girl...

I've masturbated once or twice when I stayed at my grans house and I slept on a bed in the same room as her. :ninja: I'm not loud, so it was pretty discreet. I see no problem!

ReputationRep:
    Go cycling. Don't ask.

(Original post by Hello Laura!)
    I'm almost positive you wont get turned on when your sister is lying there snoring...
    Tbh, the place doesnt affect me, I still feel the need to.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how obvious it is that you're doing it.

ReputationRep:
    You can never be sure a person is actually asleep.

So... either learn to play standing up, or give up the gig.

Shower time?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You know how quiet you are. If it's 'very' - and I can be, even without sharing a room with anyone, the wall between my and my parents' room was very thin - then who's to know?

If it's not, then it's possibly time for the 'I'm embarrassed to ask this, but..' moment. Presumably you two talk about stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Could you not go for an afternoon 'nap', or lie in a little later than her, i.e. let her use the shower first, or something? I personally wouldn't be able to concentrate with my sister in the room especially not knowing if she was fully asleep or not, but if you can, then I see no problem with it - unless you're very vocal...

ReputationRep:
    Do it somewhere else. It's the only other sensible alternative.

ReputationRep:
    When the person is out, have fun

I share a room with my 14 year old sister (I'm 17) and i masturbate when she's asleep :/

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I share a room with my 14 year old sister (I'm 17) and i masturbate when she's asleep :/
    Are you male or female tho?

This thread is not helping! Im still completely indifferent about whether its acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    I'll pass on the unasked for advice my boyfriend's dad gave him when he found out he was sharing a room at uni: "your brother could have 'alone time' in his room whenever he wanted, but you can't do that. You'll have to go to the bathroom or something."

Female.
    It probably is weird that I do but I'm used to having my own room and can't go without :woo:
    I stay up a lot later than her so she's usually fast asleep
    She asked why I 'roll around' at night once so she may have caught on I'm not sure

I guess it's what you're comfortable with
    Your sisters a bit older maybe you could try and talk to her about it?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol do it wen shes asleep stay quiet as possible :L

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.