Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sharing a room and masturbation etiquette watch

ReputationRep:
    Simple, just set up a bean-flicking rota and organise throughout the evening when it is most efficient for both you and your sister. There! Not awkward at all!

ReputationRep:
    Do it during the day when she's out.
    I'm sure she has more school hours than you do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello Laura!)
    I'm almost positive you wont get turned on when your sister is lying there snoring...
    Urges are urges. I had to share a room for many a year, and I'd be damned if I was going to to the cold bathroom on a winter's evening!

(Original post by Asha5692)
    Do it during the day when she's out.
    I'm sure she has more school hours than you do...
    Erm, no, were both at sixth form. Were in at the same hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Urges are urges. I had to share a room for many a year, and I'd be damned if I was going to to the cold bathroom on a winter's evening!
    This tbh. With brothers in the room.

ReputationRep:
    if your only problem is "morals" then it has no real answer.

(Original post by Adonis)
    if your only problem is "morals" then it has no real answer.
    I was wondering if others thought it was morally wrong too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was wondering if others thought it was morally wrong too.
    Erm, no. You don't share underwear or swap beds on alternate nights do you? You're not fingering yourself over her head while she sleeps or wiping your fingers on her pillow. Why would it be immoral?

ReputationRep:
    If you can't help it just do it.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no, were both at sixth form. Were in at the same hours.
    Are you twins or just really close together in age??
    Anyway, if she's that old, she should be mature enough to understand that you'll be needing some privacy now and then to 'perk' yourself!
    Since you do it so much... I'm pretty sure she's been wondering the same thing!
    Just tell her that you need some alone time to flick your bean... She'll probably ask you if you're serious... Just say 'yes, it's perfectly natural and if you need time to do that yourself just let me know'... Sounds cringey but give it a go!

If you're sisters that complicates stuff a bit, but when I shared a room I generally waited till he was at a class, or I just used a bathroom. I did the deed once when he was asleep, but I had terrible toothache, it was cold, and like 4AM so he wasn't going to wake up very easily.

Anyway, if she's that old, she should be mature enough to understand that you'll be needing some privacy now and then to 'perk' yourself!
    Just tell her that you need some alone time to flick your bean... She'll probably ask you if you're serious... Just say 'yes, it's perfectly natural and if you need time to do that yourself just let me know'... Sounds cringey but give it a go!
    She's in lower sixth, I'm in upper. And I really doubt that people actually have those kind of agreements.
    I cant imagine talking to her about it, it would be the most awkardist thing. EVER.

ReputationRep:
    Just be quiet when fingering yourself !!

I know its hard because i'm so hot but just try for me will you !!?

I've had sex with my sister in the room asleep, drunk
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    And I really doubt that people actually have those kind of agreements.

I cant imagine talking to her about it, it would be the most awkardist thing. EVER.
    Yes, they do. And it's that, or suffering. If you don't want to be explicit, just say you need some privacy for a little bit.

For all you know, she's lying there at night wishing you'd fall asleep too.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, as long as your quiet , i cant see how your sister will know, assuming you have the light off!!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to have to share a room soon with my 17 year old sister.
    Im 18 and female.
    Is it 'okay' to do it when she is asleep or is this a no go area?

Anon/delete

Im aware this sounds a bit weird.
    You will probably influence her and shell probably be joining with you...I would say thats wierd but if thats your style go for it...

ReputationRep:
    NO.

I had a VERY uncomfortable experience once when a friend started doing the (forgive the Star Wars euphamism) "Hand Solo" when I was sleeping in a lower bunk...

It was like sleeping next to a paint shaker.

I think its a shower job to be honest....

ReputationRep:
    sounds very cringy :p:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by wardle1337)
    I had a VERY uncomfortable experience once when a friend started doing the (forgive the Star Wars euphamism) "Hand Solo" when I was sleeping in a lower bunk...
    Ah yes, bunk beds. The best anti-masturbation device since those spiky things people now use as bdsm toys...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.