Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, for the two close reading passages at higher english, should you:

1. Read both passages then answer questions or,

2. Read passage 1 do questions, then read passage 2 and do it's questions?

ReputationRep:
    Think I read passage 1 first then passage 2, but honestly think it doesn't really matter.

The only advantage I can see either way is that if you use the 2nd way then the 2nd part of the text will be fresher in your mind when answering questions on it.

ReputationRep:
    It's personal choice, but overall option 2 is probably better, mainly because you will have forgotten the second passage after doing passage 1 meaning you'll have just been wasting time.

ReputationRep:
    I skimmed both passages so that I knew what was going on, then read the relevant bits for each question closely again before answering.

ReputationRep:
    ...I just go straight to the questions, reading only the relevant part relating to the question being asked...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CT_Scan)
    ...I just go straight to the questions, reading only the relevant part relating to the question being asked...
    Reading everything means you don't have to do that again for the last question. It also makes it easier to answer the occasional 'link' question.

ReputationRep:
    2. I tried 1 on my first close reading, ran out of time.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.